This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Laundry Room - loads of fun!

Look what I did! I cheered up my laundry room with these cute red wicker laundry baskets!
Over a few month period I found three plain wicker laundry baskets at thrift stores and I decided to paint them red. I paid $2.99 for each basket and the paint was $1.99.
I just laid down an old sheet in the rocks in our backyard and used it as a drop cloth and started spraying!
This is the paint I used. It's called Spray 'n Go Fast Dry and it worked awesome! It's true to it's name, it dried fast!
The color is called Scarlet Red.
Here are a few before pictures of my laundry basket sitting in the laundry room.
Just your everyday, average white plastic laundry baskets. They are nondescript and not so pretty to look at.
Now isn't this an improvement!
I think they look so cute! They are so cheery and bright!
My philosophy is, if you can make it prettier than do it!
So I did!

"Our Laundry Room has all the latest Dirt"
~ Anonymous
Why didn't I think of this before?

It's a very cheap and easy way to make my surroundings prettier.
The bad thing is though, they leave little red paint marks on the washer and dryer.
I would be upset if this was a brand new set, so do not do this if you have a nice washer and dryer! Our's is about 17 years old and is pretty beat up from years of having four busy boys and a logger for a husband, so I kind of don't care! I am going to try and use mineral spirits on it to see if they come off, but I need to be careful not to remove the white paint as well! Just for your information though, the paint does not get on the laundry!

"Life is like Laundry...loads of fun!"
~ Anonymous

"It all comes out in the wash!"
~ Anonymous

"Laundry makes me a basket case!"
~ Anonymous

There you have it. A simple solution to making a dreary place more sunny and bright.


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Farrah said...

That's a good idea! Anything to make laundry easier!

Kelly said...

Oh try using one of those mr clean white sponges! I bet that would wipe it off and you could just leave it in the laundry room for that purpose. I hope it works.

blessings~
kelly

Sharon said...

Thanks Kelly for the tip! I'll have to try that! Hugs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...