This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 28, 2010

Hayden is Athlete of the Year!

Hayden came home from school with a BIG announcement!
Today during an assembly at the high school he was given the Outstanding Sophomore Athlete Of The Year award!
Oh my word! This is so exciting! We are so very, very proud of him!
This is such an honor and such a big achievement. It's such an honorable accolade because while he's being recognized mostly for his athletic ability, the candidates are also considered for their grades, sportsmanship and coachability and my son was chosen!!! This makes me so proud! He's a great all around kid!
He got it for his athletic abilities in football.....
...basketball...
...and track, as well as his good grades, nice personality and cooperative attitude! I should also mention that he received a varsity letter in both football and track this year, which we are also so very proud of.

He didn't just wake up with his athletic abilities, yes, he was born with some natural talent, but he has put in countless hours of training and practicing since he was a young boy and we are also so very proud of him for all of his hard work. I do want to say though, that I am also proud and so thankful that sports are not everything to him (or us)! We have a very balanced life and have raised our kids to be diversified with their interests and activities. While sports have been a wonderful addition to our lives, they have never been center stage!
Congratulations Hayden! Dad and I are so proud of you!!! We are so proud of you for earning this special award, but we are also proud of you for just being such a wonderful you! We love you!!!

“All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” I Corinthians 9:25:27

Proudly, Sharon

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Congrats to all of you sharon!! Thats so exciting and such an honor!!
Rosemary

Rita said...

Congratulations to your young man. That is quite an accomplishment and something to be very proud of. I wish him the best. I know that you are proud of him.

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, congratulations to Hayden, and to the proud parents, as you are seeing the rewards of your investment.I read some of your previous posts and was so blessed. Thanks for sharing .
Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...