This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's day to my two Mama's!

For Mother's day my dear sweet mother-in-law, Alice, bought tickets for her and I to go to a special ladies tea at The Abbey! I thought this was so sweet of her to treat me for mother's day when I should be treating her!
This is such a neat place, it used to be a church and it has been converted to apartment living for retired folks. We took the elevator to the top floor to the charming restaurant where the tea was being held.
Everything was so feminine and pretty! Alice has always been such a girly girl and loves all things feminine and fun and so do I, so we have really enjoyed doing things like this together.
There were lots of other ladies there and many of them were all decked out with fancy hats and clothing for high tea!
We were treated so nicely and spoiled with all the good food! We started with our choice of tea and crumpets.
They had a harpist playing lovely music throughout our meal.
Here's our server, Brenda, with a tray of wonderful savories!
Decisions, decisions, which ones shall we choose?
We ended up taking one of each thing!
It was such a lovely time visiting with Alice, having tea, sweets & savories and being pampered!
Time for dessert!
Everything is so lovely!
We had such a wonderful time! I truly love my mother-in-law and have been so very blessed to have her in my life. Happy Mother's Day Alice! I love you!
A few days later I spent the day with my mother, Shirley, for mother's day. I brought her this lovely flower in a cheerful orange bucket. I actually bought the same gift for Alice, but hers was pink.
When I was at my mother's house picking her up, I noticed these beautiful fresh cut roses on her dinner table. They are a gift to her from my Daddy. He has done this little act of love for my mother as far back as I can remember! He has always brought her in fresh cut flowers from their yard! Isn't that just the sweetest thing!
Mom and I posed for a picture before we left.
Here's Mom and Daddy.
She's kissing him goodbye! Oh, how sweet! They've been married for over 50 years!
I took her to one of our favorite restaurants for breakfast.
We had a delicious meal.
We also had a great visit. I love my mother and am so thankful for her! God blessed me with a wonderful mother! Happy Mother's Day Mama! I love you!

Thank you Lord for both of my Moms! I have been so blessed to have both of them in my life!

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me. They have clung to me all of my life." Abraham Lincoln

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ah, treasure the moments that you have with them. My mom and my mother-in-law are both gone. Looks like you had a really special day with the both of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...