This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Filtered light....

The other day I was sitting on the couch in our family room and I looked over at the front door.
I noticed that the sun was shining through the skylight that's over our staircase and it was hitting the floral wreath that I have hanging on the inside of our front door.
For some reason it just struck me as being so tranquil and beautiful!
The filtered sunshine is highlighting the wreath in a calming way.
It is so serene.
It's so quiescent and peaceful.
It reminds me of that old phrase, "Stop and smell the roses" which basically means to stop, take it all in, appreciate the little things all around us. Well, I've tweaked that saying a little bit today by saying, "Stop and notice the filtered sunlight coming into your home and enjoy the beauty that God has given us!"

"O my soul, bless God! God, my God, how great You are! You are beautifully, gloriously robed, dressed up in sunshine." Psalm 104:1 Message translation


Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Shelley said...

It's beautiful...so is your home....thanks so much for sharing....I love when the sunlight shines through my little kitchen window over my sink....flooding my humble home with such a wondrous natural light...makes me ponder on how the light of Christ that shall outshine the sun....the light of New Jerusalem...the light of my life.....blessings dear Sharon....

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Beautiful! Spring is coming!

Rita said...

Sharon, Hi! I have missed your blog and just now found out that you have moved here. Glad to see it. Isn't God good to give us such beauty and how we need to appreciate it all. Good to see you again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...