This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo! Parte uno!

It's May 5th again....time for our big family Cinco de Mayo party!
No, we are not from Mexico, we just like to celebrate this fun holiday!
It started about ten years ago when I planned to make tacos for the family on Cinco de Mayo just for fun.
Then I got the idea to let each of my sons invite a friend over.
We had a house full of people eating tacos and it was really, really fun!
The next year we expanded it to a bigger menu and I picked up a few decorations and we played mariachi music!
And now it has evolved to a full-blown event!
Every year throughout the year I look for neat decorations for our party. This tablecloth is a new find this year. I love it! It's a wonderful cotton gauze with a gorgeous brightly colored flower motif over it.
It is a large rectangle cloth and it's too big for our oval table, so I simply tied the corners in knots, which I think gives it a very cool folksy look!
I hung my jalapeno pepper lights up in the dining room/living room entryway.
This is a quick and easy way to make the place look festive!
They are so cheerful and fun!
I hung my "Fiesta" banner on the mantle.
In the kitchen I placed a few bright and cheerful decorations on the counter along with a framed picture of Eric and I and the boys in Mexico!
What a lovely spread of food!
Here's a little bowl of brightly colored plastic animals to hang on our glasses to identify them.
I have slowly accumulated about a dozen of these cute cactus shaped margarita glasses. I find them at the thrift store and garage sale and have a little rule that I don't pay over a dollar for them! I prefer to only pay .50 cents a piece!
Eric's mixing up a batch of margaritas now. We don't have a lot of counter space in the kitchen, so we transformed the laundry room into our little wet bar! I simply laid a lively tablecloth on the washer and dryer and voila, it's a changed room!
We offer non-alcoholic for the under 21 crowd and those who don't want to have alcohol.
The guys hanging out around the food talking and eating the appetizers. From left to right, Hayden's friend, Dan, Hayden, Cameron and Mackenzie.
Brittany and Rachelle making strawberry drinks.
Cameron, Megan and Danny toasting the evening!
Grayson and Rachelle.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Eric and I are all ready to get this party started!. We're all here now, so lets party!!! Come back tomorrow to read about the rest of our party!

"He will give His people strength. He will bless them with peace." Psalm 29:11

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sharon.

~JoAnn~ said...

Sharon, here in Northern CA wich is sometimes called North Mexico : ) We call Cinco de Mayo Cinco de drinko because that is all the mexicans do here on that day. Sad but true. Your food looks so good, glad you had a good time.
Blessings,Joann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...