This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beth Moore

I'm so excited! It's 8:00 on a Saturday morning and I'm heading to town!
I have a special coffee and my cute new black and white plaid purse and I'm ready to go! I'm going to town to meet one of my bestest friends in the whole world, Shannon!
We're going to a Beth Moore simulcast based on her book, "So Long Insecurity."
I got there a little early and I'm waiting to see Shannon. Wow, there are so many women here!!! Oh, there she is way in the back of the picture, she just came in the door.
It was so amazing to see hundreds of women there to learn more about God!
First we sang worship songs together. It was especially moving to realize that thousands of women were gathered together across America at the same exact time to worship God! I bet this pleased the Lord!
Then we got to hear Beth speak.
She is such a doll! She has such a humble and tender heart and she is so knowledgeable and wise. I also love the way she dresses!
Here's a letter from her to all of us about her book:

"Dear Friend,

We’re insecure. You and me and every woman. Lately I’ve been realizing more and more that chronic insecurity is a cultural epidemic, but almost no one is talking about it. And it ticks me off. We’re insecure about everything from our looks to our worth as women, from our relationships to our futures, and everything else in between. You name it, and we’re probably insecure about it. Let’s be honest here. Insecurity makes us miserable. It cripples us. It makes fools of us. It makes us feel worthless. Insecurity has been a bad friend to us.
The bottom line is that it’s self-sabotage.

Girlfriend, listen to me. Our insecurities are lying to us. It doesn’t have to be this way. It’s time to say, “So long!” to insecurity. How? First we have to understand it, and the good news is that insecurity is understandable. The even better news is that insecurity is curable. It’s time we girls help each other out so we can be the best wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends that we can possibly be.
Let’s have a chat, you and me, through these pages. I’d be honored if you’d join me on my quest for real, lasting, soul-deep security.

—Beth"


Shannon and I really enjoyed it. At the lunch break we drove to a fun restaurant and visited and then came back to hear the rest. It was so good and we both learned so much. Beth talked about insecurity in women and she said being insecure is actually going against God because He fills us up and we are not trusting Him when we get down like that. We are actually being selfish when it becomes all about us and our feelings instead of being all about Him. He loves us and wants the best for us. There is joy and fulfillment in Him and we need to always remember that! Several points really hit home with me. It was a great message and a great day!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear and timidity; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mumzie said...

Looks like a great conference and visit with your friend. I love Beth Moore...she's so inspiring. I've done two of her Bible Study CD Classes with my neighbor group, and enjoyed her talks very much. She's so interesting and fun. Plus, I love how she dresses. Mumzie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...