This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, March 22, 2010

Thrift store finds!!!

Oh my goodness girls! You need to see what I have in this bag! And nope, it's not from Macy's! I went to my little local thrift store and I hit the mother lode!!!
These are all of my finds for the day and my total bill was only $13.00!!! I couldn't believe that I found so many wonderful things in one stop for such a little amount of money!
I already cleaned and found homes for all my treasures and today I'm going to show you where I put everything. The only exception is pretty picture, it still does not have a home, but I'm thinking I might put it in the main powder room. I love the softness of the colors. It makes me feel like I'm on a vacation in a far away place!
I found a gorgeous burgundy water pitcher from the 50s and I put it in this little corner of my kitchen.
It reminds me a lot of Fiestaware, but I'm not sure that it is because there are no markings. Regardless.....I LOVE it! :0)
This is an old planter that is probably from the 50s or 60s that was in desperate need of washing. Actually, I must confess, this is one of my favorite parts of thrifting. I love to get home and unpack all of my treasures and wash them by hand! I really do, I just think it's so much fun to get the grease and grime off and discover the true hidden beauty of my treasure!
Wow! Look at the same planter all cleaned up! It's so pretty! It holds all of my vintage cook booklets perfectly!
I put the beautiful burgundy vase here. It is vintage from the 50s with a USA marking on the bottom.
I was so thrilled to finally find the Franciscan Apple sugar bowl to match my creamer that I had!
I know exactly where it will go!
I keep my collection of Apple dishes on this little shelf in the family room. Do you see it there on the middle shelf tucked in the back behind the creamer?
I put this pretty silver spoon in with collection of other pretty silver spoons in my china hutch.
I have them all sitting on an old wicker tray filled with other beautiful antique things. Whenever I see an intricate designed silver spoon it's hard for me to resist them! I think the patterns are so gorgeous and I think they look neat all nestled together. I also have a few other fun things on the tray. I normally don't like blue things, but I do love the old cobalt blue glassware and I have just a few small pieces tucked in there too.
I also found a Bakelite fork, which I will snuggle in with my other Bakelite utensils in this cute old vintage jar in the kitchen. It makes for a cheerful display!
I put this wonderful old brass squirrel on my little curio cabinet on our stairs.
I think he fits in perfectly here!
I just love him! He's actually a souvenir item from Minnesota and it has a plaque on the back stating so.
I also found two wonderful old books. The first one is called "More about Jesus"
Isn't the cover pretty!
It's so old! It's dated 1859!
The second one is called Landscape in American Poetry.
It's really old too, dated 1879. They are both in such excellent condition!
I will put them here with my other vintage books.
I love to decorate with books.
I usually just stack a few of them and scatter them throughout the room. I like to pick books that have pretty covers and spines as well as neat titles and of course subject matters! I am partial to books about the Lord, family life, women and poetry.
The last thing I want to show you is this charming old tea kettle.
I've never seen anything like it!
It comes with two pieces, the kettle and a base. The base is actually a little chamber to hold water and I believe you fill it with water and set it on the stove and when that water boils it starts to boil the water in the tea kettle. I'm not sure though, do any of you know anything about this?
I love all the details on it. It is made of pewter and has a neat wooden handle.
I am so thankful for all of my good deals that I found today! Isn't it fun to shop at thrift stores!

"I pray that everything may go well with you and that you may be in good health." III John 2

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Wow! Sharon!
What amazing finds from the thrift store! I especially like the tea kettle! So detailed and unusual! Everything looks so sweet and cozy in their new home!
Thanks for sharing!

Jan Parrish said...

I especially like the pitcher and the kettle. Wow! Great finds. I'd have expected to get just one item for that price. You are the bargain queen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...