This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring break at the farm!

It's tradition! We're at the farm for Spring break!!!
We try to always visit my sister's farm for a few days over Spring break. My sisters and I love getting together! All of our kids love getting together too! It used to be all four of my boys and I, but slowly they have all grown up and got too busy, so this year it was just Hayden and I.
Everything is starting to bloom!
There is new life everywhere!
As soon as we got there, the kids were out in the front yard playing badminton in the sun.
It warms my heart that all of the cousins are such close friends!
Hayden just hit a good one!
Kathi ran across the street to pick up her mail. They have fields all around their 80 acres. It is so beautiful and peaceful here!
Here comes Kathi with her mail.
And here comes my other sister Kelli right behind her!
And that's me.
I love to walk around their property!
The Daffodils are in bloom and they are gorgeous!
Their property is really marvelous. They have this wonderful creek running through it!
I love the sloped grass!
Here's a nice shot of the creek and their little dam.
Hey, there's Hayden sitting on the back stairs for Harrison to get home.
Upon first glance, the apple orchard looks like it's still slumbering after a long cold winter...
...but if you look closely...
...you can see signs of new life!
Aren't the blossoms gorgeous!
More beautiful daffodils!
I love how these hyacinths are tucked in between this old split rail fence.
Their kitty is out trying to scare up a mouse or two for her dinner!
Gorgeous!
This is the driveway up to the house. It is so great to be here!
What a cute and inviting front porch!
Here's a cheery flower basket by the back door to greet company.
Kathi's mother-in-law, Vivian, was living at their home at the time and we all enjoyed visiting with her. We remember way back when we were little girls that they lived by us and we played with her kids! In fact, that's how Kathi and her husband, Stacey, met!
I love my dear sisters so much!
Kathi's house is so cute!
I love this little table she has set up in her kitchen.
What a sweet little cast iron bird!
I love this rooster too!
There are cute touches everywhere! What a great idea to place wild flowers in a vintage tea pitcher!
Here's some of Kathi's vintage cookbooks. She's the one that got my addiction of cookbooks started!
I love this one! The cover is so cute, the colors are perfect and even the name is adorable, "Clementine in the Kitchen" and I'm sorry to report I am coveting it! :0) Maybe sometime I will find my own copy of it at a thrift store!
Cock-a-doodle-doo! It's morning time on the farm!!! Time to wake up!
There's my nephew Garrett. What does he have with him?
Oh, he has a basket of eggs that he just got from the hen house! It looks like he's just one short of a dozen!
Here's the ladies who laid them!
I LOVE chickens!
Aren't they fabulous!
Kathi is so blessed to live on this farm!
If my husband and I ever find a home out in the country, I definitely want to have some chickens!
Here's the rooster who rules the roost!!!
When they bought their place it had this neat old vintage gas tank on it!
Here's Hayden being silly and posing with it.
They lease out a lot of their property for many different uses. Sometimes people lease it to put their sheep on it.
Aren't they so peaceful and beautiful!
Kelli and her boys had to get up early and leave the next day, so Kathi and I decided to go on a morning walk. Ugh....I'm not looking so pretty in the morning with no makeup!
I kept noticing these funny little birds running all around us and acting as if they were injured. Kathi explained to me that they are called "Killdeer" birds.
She went on to tell me that they lay their eggs right in the rocks on the side of the road. We started searching for them and sure enough, we found some darling black and white speckled eggs sitting right in the rocks!
Here's Kathi taking a picture of them.
They are beautiful eggs! It just amazes me that any of, not only the eggs, but the babies ever survive given that they are so close to the road. But God knows what he's doing and these cute little birds lay their eggs here for a reason!
We're back on the farm again and here's a picture of their amazing teeter-tooter made from old wagon wheels! Her husband, Stacey, loves John Deer colors and paints many things the famous John Deer green and yellow colors!
Later that day I took a stroll down to visit the cows.
Since I'm a city girl, I am fasinated by all of this farm life! Especially the livestock!
Well hello there Mr. Goat!
Hello to you too, Mrs. Goat!
Would you two like to nibble on some wild flowers?
Oh how us girls love to get together!!!
Well, our little visit is over. We had a great time together on the farm. I miss it already and can't wait until next spring!!!

Thank you Lord for so many things, my sisters and their families, our times together, Kathi & Stacey's beautiful farm, our many memories, the sunshine, the newness of spring, the daffodils, the apple blossums, the cows, the goats, the chickens and the Killdeer. You God, created everything and you deserve our praise! I love you Lord!

"For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers have already appeared in the land; the time has arrived for pruning the vines, and the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land. The fig tree has ripened its figs, and the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along!" Song of Solomon 2:11-13



Love, Sharon

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love reading your posts!! Looks like you girls had a great time, I cant wait for Spring !!!

Kathi said...

Thank you so much for sharing our time together and all the pretty pictures of our farm. I loved having you two sisters and the cousins here with me. Let's please do it again this year. Love, Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

Wow. Gorgeous farm. Looks like you had a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...