This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pansy chintz blessing!

Look what I found at a garage sale!!!
It's a luncheon china set for four by Formalities by Baum Bros.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the box sitting there full of these gorgeous pansy chintz dishes!!!
They are so beautiful!
I have been very interested in "tablescapes" lately with creating beautiful table settings for special meals and have been looking for some new affordable pretty dishes, so these are perfect!!!
I normally wouldn't pick purple dishes, as my home is full of reds and greens, but I decided that they are just too lovely to pass by and I am so happy that I bought them!
I found the pattern on the website called Replacements.com and the cup & saucer sets are 17.99 each, the soup bowls are 15.99 each, the salad plates are 9.99 each and the dinner plates are 14.99 each. Wow! I think I've found a real treasure here!
That totals up to $58.96 for one place setting and my box has four place settings, so if you do the math, that would be $235.84 for the whole set. Can you guess how much I paid for the whole box???
Drum roll please.....da..da..da..da...da..da

I paid $5.00 for the whole set! That's right, only five bucks!!!! That's a savings of $230.84! Wow, I'd say I got a deal!!!! Thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing!

Now, it will be fun to be on the look out for coordinating goblets, napkins and a tablecloth. Then the fun part, inviting some dear friends over and having a special luncheon!

"O give thanks to the Lord of lords, for His steadfast love endures forever; who alone does great wonders, for His steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 136:3-4

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

adsgram said...

What a wonderful treasure, Sharon. Pansies are the first flowers we plant in the Spring out here, and after the so far SNOWY Winter we are having your dishes bring to mind a much happier time of year...we are buried again this morning and your dishes made me smile...

Enjoy them!

Lynne

Shelley said...

Now,that was a treasure find indeed....enjoy them...they are just beautiful...blessings

Lady Farmer said...

What an amazing find, Sharon! Wish I had gone to that garage sale! Violets are one of my favorites!
Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...