This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Love note...

I was cleaning out the desk in our home office and came across this little note I wrote to my son Hayden back in December of 2008. At the time, I found this heart-shaped staple laying on the floor in my office at work and thought of him, so I taped it to this paper and wrote him a little love note.
Since he was a tiny little boy, he would find heart-shaped things and give them to me and so I started doing the same thing back to him. He's given me heart-shaped, paper, leaves, fabric, sticks, metal, plastic, rocks and one time he even gave me a heart-shaped piece of drywall!
In fact, we have quite a collection of heart-shaped rocks that we've both found for each other. Click here to read my original post about it.

I think doing little things like this with your kids is so important. It lets them know that you are thinking about them and you think they are special and it shows that you are interested in what they are interested in. I could have easily tossed aside the first heart thing he gave me stating it's junk, but instead I chose to admire it and take great pride in it, thus boosting his little self-esteem and creating a generous spirit in him. It makes his heart happy and in turn, it makes my heart happy too!
I love this little tradition that we used to do. I say "used to do" because he is all grown up now and at age 17, it's probably too childish for him to do now, and that's understandable, but it's really fun for me to remember how it used to be!

I "heart" Hayden!

"And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children." Isaiah 54:13

Love, Sharon

5 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

awwww soooo sweet!! :) Thanks so much for putting so much value on motherhood & family. really inspires me to never understimate the role of mommy!! :)

Sue said...

Beautiful memory just something special between mother and son. just so precious. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
I think that is the sweetest thing! I love the way you make time for important little moments! Sigh. I still wish you lived next door!
Molly

Jan Parrish said...

Love your blog. It always makes me smile. In fact, I heart your blog.
Love, Jan

Kathi said...

Oh, I love your heart rock collection and the fact that many of them came from your boys. I love the cute heart shape you found and showed Hayden too. Traditions are so special.

Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...