This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm a true girly-girl!

I'm a girly girl, I admit it! I always have been, always will be! I love all things fancy and feminine. I wanted to share with you some photos of my very feminine bedroom bureau.
I have lots of pretties!
I have always been a jewelry girl! I have loved rings, necklaces and bracelets since I was a tiny little thing! I have many memories of watching my mother get dressed and adding all her amazing accessories to her amazing outfits. She was always dressed to the nines and I'm sure that had a lot of influence on me towards my passion for all things feminine!

"Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles."

~Sonja Henie

I found this beautiful cup at a thrift store for .99 cents and thought it would look perfectly at home on my dresser top. I think it's fun to incorporate dishes in my decorating vignettes.
I tucked a vintage pearl and diamond lapel pin inside.
Perfume, jewelry, candles and mirrors. It's so fun to be a frilly girl!
Here's a very special treasure of mine that I keep displayed on my vanity. It's a mother's day card given to me a few years ago by my sweet husband.
The sentiment that he wrote inside touched me so much and I will treasure this card always!
I found this beautiful box at a thrift store. Isn't it gorgeous! It's so ornate, I love it! I got the diamond encrusted bar pin from my grandmother Margaret.
I found this wonderful antique jewel box at a thrift store. It's so pretty, it's made of a gorgeous red plush velvet. I believe it probably once housed a set of real pearls given to a lucky lady from her sweetheart.
I simply laid all my pearls in the box and hung a few strands over the top of the lid.
Of course most of my things are costume, I only have a few cherished pieces of "real" jewelry given to me by my husband, such as my wedding ring and a few other precious pieces.
I really enjoy costume jewelry and think it is so fun to wear! I wear different jewelry with every outfit! I would rather have all this "fake" jewelry than just a few pieces of real. I really like the variety.
"My husband gave me a necklace. It's fake. I requested fake. Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head."
~Rita Rudner

"Among Life's precious jewels,


Genuine and rare,


The one that we call friendship


Has worth beyond compare."


~ Author Unknown

"Let us not be too particular.

It is better to have old second-hand diamonds

than none at all."

~ Mark Twain


"I would rather be adorned by beauty of character than jewels.

Jewels are the gift of fortune, while character comes from within."

~Titus Maccius Plautus

I like to use different sized trays to hold my favorite pieces on top of my vanity. My bedroom colors are mainly burgundy and gold, so my trays are all brass or golden.
I do enjoy things that are blingy! But I also think it's fun to wear silver and turquoise or the "hippy bead" look. It's so fun to have options! I also think it's so fun to mix and match my jewelry and come up with new looks.
"A kiss on the hand
May be quite continental,
But diamonds are a girl's best friend."
~ Lyrics from Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend by Jule Styne

"When we long for life without difficulties,

remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds

and diamonds are made under pressure."

~Peter Marshall


"And the servant brought out jewelry of silver and of gold,

and garments, and gave them to Rebekah."

Genesis 24:53

This is my wonderful antique clock that my father recently gave me. I remember seeing it at my parents house as a child growing up and I have always admired it.
It is very old and very special! He said it's from my mother's grandmother's house. The base is cobalt blue glass and the dome is original. I just love it!
Here's a fun diamond letter "S" pin I purchased at the mall!
Here's a few of the special necklaces my sweet husband has given me.
There's always room for a tiny bit of animal print in my house! :0)
I have more jewelry stashed in the top drawer of my dresser.
I put some organizing trays inside to help keep my pieces organized.

I"I never worry about diets.

The only carrots that interest me are the number of carats in a diamond."

~ Mae West

"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."
~ Emma Goldman
I know I have a lot of jewelry, but I want you to know that I have hardly ever throw any of it away, so many of my pieces are thirty years old! I also am such a bargain hunter and have bought many things at thrift stores and garage sales. When I do buy things at the regular stores at the mall, I only buy on sale!

Roses, perfume, jewelry, purses, shoes, make-up and clothes! Isn't it fun to be a girl!

"There is gold and abundance of costly stones, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel." Proverbs 20:15

"For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her." Proverbs 8:11

"Having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal." Revelation 21:11

Hugs, Sharon

6 comments:

Shelley said...

It is all so very beautiful....lovely like you :)
Blessings,Shelley

Jan Parrish said...

I love bling. My motto is: there's no such thing as too much bling!

Randi Jo :) said...

what a beautiful dresser/bedroom you have! I don't even know the words to describe it - but it's just so glamorous! I could never decorate like you do - so pretty. It seems so timeless and traditional. Even though it doesn't fit "me" I love it!! I stopped in because the note from your husband caught my eye on google reader. What a great card! That is so beautiful and so true. You are so blessed to have such an encouraging husband. Anyway - just wanted to stop in. So glad things are well with you :)
I prayed for you quite a while ago when things were not great at work between you and some other women - everything ok now?
Blessings,
Randi :)

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
I love the beautiful jewelry! I really like vintage jewelry as well! I think it is so cute that you are a girly girl in a family with so many men! I often buy jewelry for my girls, and I forget myself until I need a necklace for an outfit--but they are nice about sharing!
Molly

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon everything is so beautiful on your dresser! I have a mirror tray on my dresser that my husband gave me for my 14th birthday! We've been married 38 years and that birthday was quite some time ago. But I treasure this gift from him so very much!
Take care & God Bless!

Darlene

Kathi said...

I love all of your pretty jewelry Sharon. Everything is glorious. I am a girly girl too. I'm new to wearing lots of jewelry and have found out how really fun it is.

Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...