This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, March 15, 2010

An illuminating treasure...

I love my new lamp that I found at Goodwill!
Actually, I've had the lamp for some time now, but I just recently found the perfect shade for it at a local thrift store.
I think that they are perfect mates for each other!
The lamp seems to be very old. The base and stem are made of intricately designed brass.
And it has a beautiful porcelain figurine of a victorian man and woman snuggling together sitting on the base. Unfortunately, his hand has broken off, but I think it adds a little bit of charm to it!
The shade is so old and fabulously tattered.
I love how it glows with the light behind it.
The ruffle is so detailed with a beaded trim.
I have it sitting on a cabinet in our office.
It's sitting along side some other fun secondhand treasures.
Isn't this bear wonderful! He's so cute as he is busily headed somewhere with his walking stick and carrying a basket of produce on his back. He's made of solid iron!
Here's another cute bear! He's made of resin and he's holding three brass pine cones, most likely the cast offs from an old cuckoo clock.
I framed this fine fish, which is an old playing card in a small brass frame.
This antique picture of this young chap is a garage sale find. I admit it, I have many pictures of people in my house that are not my relatives! I just couldn't resist his darling face and cute little bowl haircut! I also love his shoes and his little wooden bunny!
I like how it all looks together.
I mentioned that I have all these things sitting on top of a cabinet. Do you realize that this is a gun cabinet? It used to be an ugly gray metal and I painted over it! What a transformation huh!
I'm so glad that I finally found the perfect shade for these neat lamp and I found the perfect spot for my lamp! It's quite illuminating isn't it!

"Then Jesus spoke to them again saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

Fondly, Sharon

5 comments:

Shelley said...

It's just beautiful Sharon...love that picture of the sweet little boy too...its a wonderful vignette..thanks so much for sharing it...and for always sharing his word :)
Blessings,Shelley

adsgram said...

Sharon...the picture reminded me of one of my Dad. The only thing was ..he was in a dressing gown of some sort...LOL! It was at my grandparent's home for years. When they passed on, it was gone...never to be seen again. He may just have tossed it himself...not sure. Wish I had it now tho! Have a great weekend!

Lynne

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
What a special find--and the perfect shade to go with it! Molly

Kathi said...

Sharon, what a fabulous lamp and shade. The little boy is darling. I would display him too. You are so good with putting together vignettes.

Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

You're right - it's the perfect shade for that lamp. Love it.

You need to write a story about the little boy in the picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...