This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Decorations...

Spring is here and it's time to decorate the house with Easter decorations!
When you first arrive at our home this fine bunny will cheerfully greet you!
I collect these vintage paper mache Easter eggs. They are made in Germany and the designs on them are fabulous!
Let's step into the living room to see what's in here.
I spy a little ceramic poached egg holder carrying a little green speckled egg!
On our fireplace hearth I have a large family Bible laying open displaying this wonderful picture of Jesus' resurrection as a beautiful reminder of the real reason why we celebrate Easter.
Here's a cute vintage Easter basket filled with more German eggs, an old stuffed Bunny and other treasures!
Here's my blessing banner that I made. I have two paper mache faux chocolates on both sides.
I love this one, it's new to me this year. I found it at Goodwill. Can you see the bunny inside?
Isn't it beautiful! It looks like real chocolate!
Now we've moved on to the dining room. Here's a display on our sideboard.
I filled my crystal decanter with plastic pastel eggs.
Here's another German egg...
...and here's one more. I love them because there are so many different patterns. I have about ten of them now and all of them are different. I don't think I've ever seen double patterns!
This one looks old, but it's a reproduction. It's still really cute though! I love the little chick sitting next to it!
I like to find old Easter baskets from the 50s and 60s and fill them with fun Easter treasures.
In this one I have some vintage looking bunnies, an antique Easter postcard and this wonderful pink egg.
I predict that these homemade fabric covered embellished eggs from the 70s will become quite collectible. I think they are beautiful and I really appreciate all the work that some little housewife put into this project!
Here's my new buffet!
I set my wonderful old, old, old crepe bunny with eggs centerpiece here.
Okay, lets stroll into the kitchen. I made a fun little display on my cookbook shelf. I love the wooden chick hanging on the side.
On the top I have another antique Easter basket filled with chenille chicks and bunnies. In the front I have three cute little vintage Gurley Easter candles.
It's this Mr. Bunny great! I found him at Goodwill last summer when I went on my girls get away with my Bag Lady girlfriends. He's actually a candy container and his head comes off!
Two bunny candles. They are too pretty to burn!
Here are my Easter mugs! I love to switch out my mugs for the different seasons and holidays.
This is another new addition to my Easter decor this year. It's a cute little ceramic Egg house that some lucky little bunny family lives in! One of my new kicks lately is light up houses, I have them for Christmas, Halloween and now Easter. I think they are so cozy!
What a sweet little ceramic chick! I set her in this little burgundy dish so it looks like she's nesting!
Here's my cheery windowsill display.
I have my collection of many different vintage chickies sitting here. Well, the little guy in the middle with news print on his tummy is not vintage, but he sure is cute and fits right in!
On top of the fridge I displayed more faux chocolate bunnies!
Wow, they all look so real!
You better not take a bite though or you'll break a tooth!
I set this wonderful antique wooden Easter Express wagon on top of the computer desk.
Another one of my vintage German eggs is nestled quite comfortably there!
Now we've moved on to the powder room.
I have two formed sugar eggs on display in there.
I LOVE these and would love to find more, they are hard to find because they are so very breakable. When I was a little girl I was inthralled with them! Can you see the cute little Easter chickies inside?
Here's a picture of a busy little early bird trying to get a worm!
In front of it I have this darling little mini candle in the shape of a baby chick! Again, she's way too cute to burn!
I just have a couple of things on my little jewelry armoire.
I like this little display.
It's a vintage Easter bulletin from our local church dated 1915. Isn't it sweet! The little egg with chicks in it is not old, I found it at Goodwill and "aged" it with varnish! It did the trick, it does look old!

Well, that's all of our Easter decorations, I hope you enjoyed them. Some of you might think that I have spent a small fortune on all of these decorations, but seriously, I have not paid much at all. I purchased just about every single thing I've shown you here today second hand and most things were under a dollar. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money to make your home beautiful and festive, it just takes time and patience!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son. Whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

as always starzie said...

Sharon,
I've so enjoyed catching up with all of your recent posts! So good to have you back!
Take care and God Bless!

Darlene

~JoAnn~ said...

Sharon~ I always love looking at all your beautiful decorations, your home is very homey looking. I do have one question though....doesn't it take like forever to clean with all the little items??That's what keeps me from putting things out realizing that they need to be kept clean :)

Sharon said...

Hi JoAnn,

Thank you so much for stopping by! To answer your question, no, it does not take forever to clean all my things. I only have them on display for about two weeks prior and a few days after and then they get boxed up for a year. They don't seem to get dusty while in storage. If I ever notice dust or dirt on them while I'm putting them out I clean them at that time. As far as all my other knick-knacks around my home year round, they do get dusty, but I only dust things when they get really noticeably dusty or when I'm preparing for a party! lol!

Have a great day!

Sharon

Kathi said...

I love your cute and pretty Easter decorations Sharon. You have such a fun way of making your home so cozy. Love you, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...