This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blondie's surgery...

We're going "bye-bye" in the car, but Blondie looks like somehow she knows this is not the good kind of "bye-bye."
Yep, it's that special time in a little girl dog's life when she has to get "fixed"
Hayden and I took her early in the morning before work and school.
She was acting a little nervous and sniffing around everywhere. She could smell all the scents from the other animals that have been there before.
She actually likes going to the vet because she always gets a treat.
The veterinarian is so wise to give the animals treats when they go so they associate it as being a good, happy place!
She wasn't scared though and she actually was a little bit excited.
Oh Blondie girl, you have no idea what's coming. :0(
We felt so bad, but it's really an act of love and it's the responsible thing to do.
Hayden kept hugging her good-bye and wishing her a good surgery.
Her surgery was done in a few hours and later that day Eric picked her up on his way home from work. When I came home I found her in her bed with this cute leopard print Snuggy on her. I thought it was so cute and so precious how my husband was taking such gentle care of her! She was just laying there being so sweet.
Everyone in the family was loving on her and spoiling her.
Here's Hayden giving her a little kiss.
It was hard to see our normally rambunctious and energetic puppy just laying there and ever so often we'd hear a little moan come out of her mouth. It was heartbreaking.
My husband cracks me up! Can you guess what he's doing for her?
He warmed up some chicken broth to feed her. Isn't that so sweet!
Get well soon Blondie! We love you!

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Kelly at Home said...

I'm glad she's doing well, Sharon! LOVE the look of your new blog! It's fabulous! I just wanna curl up in it. :o) Hope you are well and having a wonderful new year!

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
Get well wishes to Blondie! What cute posts! Thank you for the inspiration! The empty nest is right around the corner for us, so I have enjoyed those posts as well. We have put everything into being parents--my husband and I are trying to figure out how to be "us" again!
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...