This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This stairwell is my prayerwell!

I was sent to the corporate office to take a self-defense class for my job. My job normally doesn't require that I know karate or anything (hee hee), but they want to make sure that we can defend ourselves and keep our patients safe just in case there is an out of control patient or employee. Actually it was more of a class to teach us how to diffuse situations instead of let them escalate, which I really did enjoy. But, that is not the point of my post here today!
I just wanted to share with you something kind of special to me. First of all though, I want to point out that this is where I used to work for four years. Back then though, this place was hop'n. This building housed over 3,000 employees at one time, but they built a new building and now this old one will be refurbished and currently is being used for the corporate offices, training, storage, etc.
Anyway...back to my story. When I went back to the old corporate office I was reminded of this old favorite spot of mine and I wanted to share it with you. This is a stairwell that I used to run through all the time for my job to get from the 3rd floor down to the main floor. There is nothing particularly special about this stairwell except for the fact that one time when I was having a markedly bad day at the office I felt like I just had to get away and stop and pray.
Well, there was no place for me to do this, so when I was doing my typical running errands through this stairwell, I stopped right at this quiet, private little corner and started to pray. Because the building was crawling with people, I had to do a quick "dart prayer" but I knew that God heard me.

I felt so good afterwards and immediately felt the burden lifted off of me that I started praising Him and thanking Him. I started to make it a habit to always stop at this little spot in the stairwell and talk to my Heavenly Father. I would pray about everything in my life, especially things that were quite heavy on my heart. I know that God heard me and many of the prayers I prayed here were answered!
This place became very special to me so I named it the "prayerwell" instead of the "stairwell"!

Aren't we so blessed that Jesus died on the cross and rose again and He created a way for us to go directly to God in prayer anytime and anyplace that we want! I was glad that I went back to this place and remembered it and remembered how God was with me and He heard my prayers!

"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." Psalm 103:1-5

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek His face always. Remember the wonders He has done and His miracles, and the judgements He pronounced." Psalm 105:4-5

Love, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a very loving God we have. We can take every need to Him at any time. He even provides for special needs like you had that day & other days there after, for finding a quiet place to pray. What a special post. Thank you for sharing this. I love you, Kathi

Mary Anne said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...