This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 17, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!

Christmas means so many things to me, it represents the birth of Jesus Christ my saviour. A very precious gift from God! Through Jesus, I have forgiveness of my sins and eternal life in heaven! Christmastime is also a time when we spend time with our family and friends and celebrate. I just love Christmas! Christmas also means tradition! We have many traditions and I have shared many with you already such as decorating and baking, but here are just a few more traditional things that happen here at Rose of Sharon Garden. 

One tradition that I look so forward to is receiving a beautiful poinsettia (pictured above) from the company that my husband contracts for. It is always a very large and very beautiful poinsettia and it is delivered the Monday after Thanksgiving. We get to enjoy it all season long. I am sorry that I don't have a better picture of this year's flower. 
Another fun thing we look forward to every year is to recieve these boxes in the mail from The Swiss Colony.
It is a delightful gift that we recieve every year from Eric's parents. It's always so fun to open up the box and see what goodies are inside!
Mmmmm! It's full of meats, cheeses and chocolates! It's really nice to have these goodies in the house during the season!
Going to church is always so special this time of year. At our church every Sunday for the month of December they light an advent candle and read scripture. I love it!
Having office parties is another traditional thing we do. These are pictures from my office party. Here's Sarah, Kristy and Joanne.
Here's Dr. Harold and his sweetie Sharmela.
Here's Nurse Practioner Michele with Stephanie and Sue.
Michele and I.
The next week Eric and I went to his work party.
All these guys are so nice! They are all very hard working men working out on the logging site. Here's Eric with Gary and Ron.
Watching Christmas movies is a favorite tradition of mine! As a family we start watching all the Christmas specials and movies that are played on TV. It's just so much fun!
Speaking of movies, I am sooo thrilled that I finalky found this movie! The house without a Christmas Tree. I remember watching this when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. It left such an impact on me.
It is a very good story of love, sacrifice and being a servant.
And last, but not least is the wonderful tradition of driving around and looking at all the Christmas lights!
Hayden surprised me and pleased me so much when he said, "Hey Mom, do you want to drive around and look at lights?"Needless to say, I had my boots and coat on in a flash and was in his truck in no time!
It was so fun! He played Christmas music really loud in his little truck and we drove all around town.
We stopped in at the gas station where he works to say hi to his friends.
There are so many beautiful lights!
So pretty!
I think this one is my favorite! First of all the house is so adorable, it's an old farm house with a big huge front porch, but with all the Christmas lights on it, it's just so picturesque and fantastic! I love the Santa and reindeer on the rooftop!


I hope that you get to do all of you favorite traditional christmas things! The main thing of course is that we stop and remember the beautiful gift of all, Jesus Christ our savior! 

Merry Christmas to all of you!

"And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at His birth!" Luke 1:14

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...