This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 24, 2010

A quiet Christmas Eve with just us...

We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve gathering with my side of the family. Many good memories were made! After they all left, we did a quick clean up of the house and Eric re-stoked the fire.
Eric and I, Mackenzie & Brittany, Cameron, Grayson & Rachelle and Hayden all head into the living room to relax and have a quiet little Christmas Eve moment together.
Grayson.
Hayden.
My sweetie and me.
Eric read the Christmas story to all of us out of Luke. I think these moments are some of my favorite parts of Christmas. Our little family, reading the Bible by the fire. I love it. It is so peaceful and meaningful.
Rachelle cannot join us tomorrow to open gifts, so we exchanged with her.
We had a special time with her.
Then it was time to open the traditional two gifts.
We have done this tradition for years since the boys were all little. They always got a new pair of pajamas and a new book. The jammies were so that they looked cute in the Christmas morning pictures of them opening up their gifts and the book was to let them read as they were falling asleep to help them fall asleep because they are so excited!
Well, the tradition has continued, so every child got a new book and.....
Yep, I did it, they all got matching pajamas including Eric and I! This is the first year that Mackenzie and Brittany have spent the night with us and I thought how fun to have all of us matching on Christmas morning! Come back tomorrow to see our photo shoot!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

"She will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...