This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Buffet!

Okay, yesterday I told you about moving this cute little cabinet (the one that's sitting in front of the dining room window) into my kitchen to use as an island in there and how much I like it!
Well, even though the island worked out for me and I'm really pleased with how it looks, it created a little problem for me. It left a big hole in the dining room and I needed to find a new buffet to replace it.
Well, it didn't take long and I found the perfect piece! I went out to all the thrift stores one Saturday and I prayed before I left that God would help me find the perfect buffet and He did!!!
I found this wonderful antique oak buffet at a thrift store!
It has the most beautiful burgundy marble top!
It fits perfectly in front of the window!
It is a little larger than the other piece, so that means it holds more dishes!!! Yea!!!
I love how it looks!
I also got it for a very good price. It was only $50.00!
Actually, $50.00 is a lot of money for me, but for a beautiful antique piece of furniture, it is a really good price!
I think the top is so pretty!
The only thing I didn't care for on it was the big brass knobs.
I simply went to our local hardware store and found these wonderful crystal knobs!
They look perfect!
I love my new buffet and I love my new island! I'm happy with how well it all worked out!

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

Angela said...

First off I love what you did with that white cabinet, using it as an Island. It looks absolutely gorgeous in your kitchen. Love the view from the dining room..Now for your new piece..oh my goodness gracious. Like you, 50 bucks I try not to spend,,but for that piece..OH MY!!!!!That is amazing. Marble...and those glad knobs..WOW....that was definitely an amazing price.

Mrs. D said...

That's beautiful! I love your decorating style! Everything seems so "homey" and comfortable. I bet it's a pleasure to come home!

Mumzie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe you found this at thrift store. I love the burgundy marble and oak which looks wonderful in your dining room. Hugs, Mumzie

Mary said...

Hi Sharon,
I can't tell you how happy I am to see that you are blogging again. Although I understood why you closed your blog, I sure am happy to see you up and running again.I have been spending the last few evenings catching up on your recent posts. Love your new buffet. It looks lovely with all your pretty things displayed on top.

Mary

Linda said...

Love your home!Wonderful bargains.
I look foward to following you her.
Blessings

in all thy ways... said...

Hi Sharon : )

I am so happy that you are posting again- I sure have missed you and your blog posts!
I LOVE your new buffet and the island you made from the old one. I actually think your new one looks even better than the previous one- and what an amazinng deal you got on it! It's so pretty!

Blessings~
Gail♥

Kathi said...

This is the perfect table for in front of the window. It is gorgeous! I too, love your decorating style Sharon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...