This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Private Island!

I've been wanting to see if I could squeeze an island into my little kitchen for more storage space and also to add a little more charm and character. I was thinking that this little piece I have in the window of our dining room just might be the perfect size. So what does any decorating fanatic do? She empties out the whole thing and moves it to the kitchen....
There it is! What do you think?
I actually like it!
There seems to be room enough all the way around it to maneuver throughout the kitchen, even enough room for a big guy like my husband!
Yes, I do think I like it!
It's the perfect size!
It provides more storage for us, which we need!
It also adds the little bit of country charm that I wanted!
It also passed the big test....my husband didn't hate it! He actually kind of likes it!
I think my little cabinet has a new home. I think I've discovered an island!!!

Uh-oh, I've solved one problem, but created another, now I need a new buffet to go in the window of the dining room!!!! Stay tuned....

"Therefore encourage one another and edify one another, just as you are doing." I Thessalonians 5:11

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Didn't know you were back! Love the new island. How on earth did you get those pictures showing it from so far above??? Enjoy your day!

spindlecottage said...

Yes, and when you do something like this you feel like you are in a whole new space--that is why I love moving things, ha!

Farrah said...

I didn't know you were back either dear friend! The island is neat! My grandmother had a block in her teensy kitchen. Have fun making scrumptious meals for the boys and Eric with this island! Hugs!

Angela said...

Sorry, I don't like it, I LOVE IT!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, This is so YOU!! It's perfect. I love it and love the fact that it is not only cute, but useful. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...