This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A major award!

I just had to share this funny story. Do you guys know about the famous "Major Award" leg lamp?
It comes from this great Christmas movie, called A Christmas Story. This is one of our family's favorite Christmas movies. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it. 
Anyway, in the story the husband wins a "Major Award" and when it comes in the mail much to the wife's disgust, it turns out to be a horrendous lamp made in the shape of a woman's leg.
It was in very bad taste with a black fish net stocking on it!
The mom was not happy to say the least. 
The dad thought it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen and he displayed it proudly in the front living room picture window! The story is about much more than the lamp, and it really is a cute Christmas story that you should watch., but the reason I told you about it is this.......
.....this is my son Cameron's Christmas list. As a joke he wrote down, which I highlighted above,  "A major award (like maybe a lamp that I could put in my window).
Well to my happy surprise, after seeing this on his Christmas list, I found a miniature version of the leg lamp that's actually a Christmas ornament at a thrift store! I just started laughing when I found it and snagged it up! This will be perfect!!!!
On Christmas morning when he opened it, he just cracked up laughing!  He couldn't believe  that I actually found one! We all got a good laugh of out it and we were all surprised when it actually turned on! Perfect! This is a Major Award indeed!

"And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." Luke 2:12

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...