This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, January 18, 2010

Lunch dates with my hubby!

This is something new! My husband and I get to go out to lunch quite often now! We never really did this before because of conflicting schedules, work locations and money. You see, he is a timber faller and works far away up in the mountains all the time, so going out to lunch together is normally not an option! Also, for many years I was a stay at home mother with a very hectic schedule with babies and school age children, etc. and in previous years, money seemed to always be very tight, so we didn't feel we could splurge on something like this (probably because we had the kids at home with us and if we went to lunch we would want to take everyone and that would cost a lot of money for a family of six!).
Then when the kids were almost grown and I started working outside the home I had a job in the big city about 20 minutes away, so it was too far to have a spontaneous lunch together! Well, now I have a perfect little part-time job at a doctor's office right in our little town and when he's not working due to various reasons, e.g., the weather being bad or the timber unit is done, etc., he calls me up and asks me to lunch!
I love it when he calls me up for a lunch date! I feel like a school girl again!
We meet at the Astronaut Inn and we have lunch together! I love it and I value every minute of it! P.S. Aren't you proud of me for my choice of food! No burger and fries for this girl today! :0)
It is a great time for us to catch up on our days, the kids, the house, etc. This is just another little side benefit of the empty nest, we have more time together and a little more money to splurge on lunch together. I love it and I love him!

“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I think it's so special that you and Eric enjoy each other's company even after 28 years of marriage. That is so rare and very special. I'm glad you can have lunch together once in awhile. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...