This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 10, 2010

A good idea!

Over the years I have collected some pretty Christmas dishes. I buy them at the thrift stores after Christmas when they are 50% off. I usually get them for .25 to .50 cents a plate. This pattern is made by Tabletops Unlimited and does not have a pattern name.
At first I just had a set of six so that our family could eat on them for Christmas morning, but then I found so many pretty ones and they were so cheap, so I started buying more. This beautiful pattern is called Holiday Ribbon made exclusively for Mervyn's.
This cute snowy scene is called Silent Night by Sango.
They are all so pretty, but I think this might be my favorite. It's called Winter Wonderland by Daily Dining. I only have four of these and I would love to find a set of 12. I don't want to buy more patterns, but I would love to find a complete set of 12 of each of these for times when the whole extended family comes over for Christmas dinner. When we all get together there are 24 of us, so I could use two sets, or maybe I will get lucky and find 24 of one of these patterns. The problem is, when I am out there shopping I forget which patterns I have and how many I have of each pattern, so....
....I laid them all out on the living room floor and wrote the pattern names on them in a large print. I took a picture of all of them and.....
...printed the picture and wrote notes on it. I wrote down the pattern name and how many I have of each one. This makes shopping for them so much easier!
I just tucked this picture away in my wallet and I have it with me all the time!
So now when I am in the middle of a busy crowded thrift store and I see beautiful Christmas dishes, I can just pull out my handy picture and to make sure I pick out the right ones.

"Be happy and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually." I Thessalonians 5:16

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...