This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bowled over!

Eric, Hayden and I went bowling after church last Sunday. Here I am standing in the parking lot ready to get my game on! But real quick, before we go inside, I wanted to show you my fun new purse! Isn't it just so cute! It's pink and brown flannel and I found it at Goodwill for $2.99! I put together this whole brown and pink outfit around it!!! Okay, enough about that, now let the games begin!!!!
Hey, bowling shoes aren't what they used to be! They are still pretty ugly, but they are much improved! They now also have Velcro instead of shoe laces!
Now the fun part.....choosing my winning ball!
This looks perfect! It's red and white striped....my favorite colors, this has got to be a good sign!!!! Hey, I actually think this bowling ball would look cute in my house! Hee, hee! Just kidding!
Wish me luck!!!
I did pretty darn good...only one pin is standing!
Here's Hayden's ball!
Hayden has a very unique style of throwing his ball. He doesn't put his fingers in the three little holes, instead he palms it and throws it really hard kind of like how you skip a rock!
Strrrrriiiiikkkee!!!!!!! Even though his style is unconventional, it works!!!!
He's trying not to grin, but you can see he's bursting with pride!
Eric's turn!
He looks happy!
We're having fun at the bowling alley!
Check out the score board!!! Check out who's winning! Yup....it's me!!! Whoot whoo!!! V.I.C.T.O.R.Y!!!!!
I finally can beat my hubby in something! He is so athletic, strong and talented that he beats me in everything....but not today my friend!!!
It looks like he's going to pick up a spare!!!
Yep! He did!!!
Well, he beat me this time, but overall I had a higher score; Hayden had 199, Eric had 247 and I had 271! I was bowled over by my score!!! lol! Yea! This was really fun!

Eric and I have been talking about finding some new things we can do together as a couple when our little nest becomes empty when the kids are all grown and moved out, and we think that joining a co-ed bowling league will be a great thing for us to do! We both like it, it's something we can compete in at basically the same level, it's affordable, we can meet some new friends and it's something we can do up into our 80s! I think that would be super fun and I'm really looking forward to it!

Thank you Lord for this great day with my husband and son!!!!

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord." Romans 12:11

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

What fun!! I love it Sharon. What a great idea. I agree, it's affordable and you can do it up into your 80's like Aunt Jo and Uncle Bud, and now Aunt Maudie is doing it. I love the brown and pink outfit and cute purse. Love you, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...