This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 12, 2010

Keepers of the flag....

I worked at my little office on Veteran's day this year and at the end of my shift at 5:00 I went to the front doors to lock them and this is what I saw out in our parking lot.
It's just the sweetest thing. I saw an old man carrying flags and putting them in the back of his car.
I then saw two little old ladies with him, helping him. At first I didn't know what they were doing and I was curious about it.
Then I realized what they were doing.
Because it was Veterans Day, our town displayed dozens of American flags all up and down main street. I assumed that the city workers always displayed the flags, but now I see I was wrong. I am sure that it is a volunteer group of people who do it. These three sweet elderly people were doing the honorable job of putting the flags away. They treated the flags with honor and respect. It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset unless it is properly illuminated. So they were putting them away before sunset.  I was very moved by this. I assume that they are veterans or have family members who served. It's very touching. 

May God bless our veterans and their families for their service and sacrifice for our country. 

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." II Timothy 4:7a

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...