This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spinning her web....

God's creations never cease to amaze me! We found this large garden spider out on the front porch last night at about 11:00 pm and she was just starting to build her web. 
It was kind of strange to see her so active late at night like that. I guess spiders are nocturnal. I was so intrigued by this. I wanted to make sure and check it out in the morning to see what she had accomplished over night. 
Don't get me wrong, I pretty much hate spiders, especially when they are big black and hairy and in my house!!! But I have always been a bit intrigued by these big huge garden spiders and I actually think they can be beautiful.....at a distance!!!!
The next morning when I went on my walk at 6:00 am, I looked at the web and realized that it was completed. She was nowhere to be found, so she must have found a nice cozy spot and went to bed after working so hard! That's pretty amazing that she did all that work  in just seven hours, especially considering her size! She must have been completely exhausted! She sure did do beautiful work though!!!! 
God's beauty is all around us and we should stop and take notice and give God thanks. Even a seemingly simple spiderweb that we see all the time and take for granted, it you really stop and look at it, it is truly an amazing thing! How does the spider know how to connect all the lines? She has spaced it out perfectly without a pattern or a guide. It's also amazing to realize that her little body produced all of the webbing material! How does that even work? They have done studies on spiderweb material and it is very, very strong!  It's super sticky to catch her prey, but she does not stick to it. There are so many amazing and wondrous things about it! God gave that spider an instinct to know what to do to catch food in order to survive. If it were not for spiders, we would be taken over by other insects! 


Wow! It's truly a beautiful thing! Thank you God for this world you gave us and everything in it!

"The spider skillfully grasps with it's hands, and it is in Kings' palaces.." Proverbs 30:28

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...