This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, October 7, 2010

How to make grocery shopping fun....

I get sick and tired of going grocery shopping. It's a huge job for me and I've been doing it for almost thirty years! When the kids were little, they used to come with me and be my little helpers, but for the past few years I've been doing it alone. One day I posted a message on Facebook and asked if any of my friends would like to go grocery shopping with me and my friend Vonda responded that she would!
We planned it out that we would meet at 10:00 am and we would both pack a cooler in our cars so we could put the refrigerator items in there and while we went to lunch afterwards!
She's so cute! We became friends about 25 years ago when we worked at a department store together and we've been friends every since. We kind of lost touch for about five years, but through Facebook we got back in touch!
This made grocery shopping so much fun!
We both gave each other ideas on different food products.
We talked and talked.
We got caught up with each other's lives!
Boy what a load I got! I'm so glad it's done!
Vonda bought a lot too! Shopping together made this dull and dreary job so much fun! What a great idea!

"She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar." Proverbs 31:14

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...