This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lil green chair...

On the way home from my birthday lunch with Cameron I, of course, treated myself to a little birthday shopping spree at the Goodwill! I was so excited when I found this darling little chair. I remember a very similar chair from my childhood and I lunged to grab it when I saw it!
I think it is so sweet and charming.
It's a vintage hand painted folk art chair from Mexico with a woven rush seat.
I decided to set it in a little corner of my dining room next to my buffet.
I think it's a cheerful whimsical surprise in the room.
It's so cute with it's ladder back!
I looked them up on ebay and found several. I learned that these were made from the 1940s thru the 1960s.
 And they were handcrafted in Mexico. I love the chippy paint.
It looks like it has been used quite well! On ebay they were going from $15.00 to $30.00.
 I am thrilled because I only paid $2.99! Sweet!!!
 I love the cheerful bright colors.
 It's darling.
I love my new little chair! Happy birthday to me!

"Honor and majesty are in His presence; strength and joy are in His sanctuary." I Chronicles 16: 27

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...