This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall decorations....

The mornings are chilly and the afternoons are hot with a crispness in the air. Fall is here! I finally got around to getting out my fall decorations and I thought I would share them with you. Here's a fun little display that I have on my coffee table in the living room.
I put silk leaves and vintage glass beads on our fireplace mantle.
It's like room jewelry!
In the dining room I put a pretty fall colored tablecloth on the table and placed a cornucopia filled with fall's bountiful harvest!
A cute cloth pumpkin sits atop my lil green chair!
I didn't do much to my cookbook shelf, I just hung my neato pheasant Fire King coffee cup and placed a battery votive inside.
I jammed in a lot of  stuff on my windowsill this year.
I think it looks so cozy!
The main theme is squirrels and nuts.
I love these two little patterned squirrels!
Here's two more vintage chipmunks standing guard over a picture of my darling husband!
Tomatoes from the garden sitting on top of two vintage brown transferware dishes.
These old wise owls are new finds this year. Arent' they cute! I found them both at Goodwill!
My sister, Kathi, gave me this beautiful cookbook called Bless this Food. It's perfect for a fall display. I found the pumpkin creamer at a thrift store for .50 cents. It's really old and cool!
My rag swag that I have displayed for many years.
A cute squirrel picture with a candle and an beat up old chubby scarecrow make a fine display on top of the computer desk!
I'm nuts about this display! hahaha! It's simple, yet effective!
I found this cool pumpkin book this year and simply leaned it against the wall and placed an antique basket filled with pine cones in front of it.
I am really loving owls, especially vintage looking ones. Here's a cute wooden one from the 70s nestled in with a beaded pumpkin and a fall votive holder that I have on the powder-room counter.
I didnt' do a big display on our entryway table this year, just a pumpkin and some pheasants.
This little pumpkin-head scarecrow has always been a favorite of mine. The wise old owl is a new thrift store find this year.
Okay, let's head out side now. Here's my fall front door wreath.
I placed a couple of old crows on my little flower box shelf with some candles in vintage kitchen tins.
I love this old wooden wheelbarrow. I pull it out every fall and fill it with harvest tools. I would love to have it filled to the rim with pumpkins, but I always forget to plant them in June!
I love this old rusty dutch oven. In years past I have filled it with water and added acorns or hazelnuts which float and add floating candles to it, it looks so cute!
I stacked up some old wooden fruit crates and filled them with fun fall items. My front porch looks like the front of an old country store! haha!

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and seek Him in His temple." Psalm 27:4

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...