This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome to our family Blondie!

On the way home from my dinner with Cameron I stopped in for gas and look who I ran into!
It's my son Grayson and he's holding the new addition to our family! Grayson had to get gas too and he had a little friend with him! I had no idea we were getting a puppy! What a delight it was to see them at the gas station!!! I was so happy I had my camera with me!
Meet our new little puppy, Blondie!
She is a full-blooded yellow lab!
I know, I know, it seems a little soon since our other dog Bailey's passing, but my husband couldn't help it.
He was just so heartsick and the vet advised him that people grieve in many different ways and for some people, it's okay to get a new puppy right away, so that is what he did!
Isn't she a little dollie!
For me it was love at first sight!
I think for the whole family it was love at first sight!
She's just brought so much fun and joy into our lives!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Author unknown
She only cried a little on her first night and learned how to sleep all night by herself in just a couple of days.
She has, however, had a few "accidents", but she's already starting to get potty trained!
Her first bath!
Puppies are a lot of work!
But they are so worth it!
Just look at that little face!
She sleeps in the laundry room at night and it's usually quite a mess in the morning!
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~Ben Williams
She makes us laugh every day!!!
"Dogs are miracles with paws." ~ Susan Kennedy
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am." ~ Author Unknown
"Happiness is a warm puppy." ~Charles M. Schulz
"Happiness is a warm little puppy curled up at your feet when you're baking cookies!" ~ Me
"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet." ~Edith Wharton
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner
It looks like she's smiling! Doesn't she have the cutest little baby teeth!!!
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am." ~Author Unknown
We are so very happy with our little Blondie girl!
She just makes me want to kiss her!!!!!

"The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad!" Psalm 126:3

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I love her. I will take one for Christmas.

Kathi said...

What a sweet little Blondie she is!!

Beth said...

She is adorable! Congrats! I'm so glad you are blogging again, Sharon. I love reading about your family. You have the most amazing family. I can only hope my sons will grow up as nicely as yours have. They are all so handsome too. Enjoy your puppy. we rescued a Basset Hound 3 weeks ago and she is so sweet, we love her very much.

adsgram said...

Sharon..I don't think it is ever too soon to have gotten a new puppy. After we put down Quincy (The aggressive Basset), I got Sophie, the Naughty Chocolate Lab, within 2 weeks. She is now 2 1/2 and still kind of naughty and they say Chocolates are the naughtiest the longest. Blondie is SO sweet Labs are very smart and next Summer when the boys all go swimming she will have
SUCH a wonderful time!

Enjoy her and kiss that little puppy breathed gal for me!

Lynne♥♥
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...