This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unexpected news.....

On December 23rd I got a phone call that my Dad was going into the hospital. Earlier that day he went to see his doctor for knee surgery follow-up and he had a very rapid heart rate. They had him wait there for quite some time, but they could not get his heart rate to come down, so they decided to put him in the hospital to observe him and try and get his heart stabilized. They were very concerned because in March of 2007 he had a major intracranial hemorrhage (hemorrhagic stroke also known as brain bleed) and they did not want him to re-stroke. So this is where my Daddy spent his Christmas. We were hoping that Santa could find him there! :0)At first they were going to give him a pacemaker, but upon observation and the opinions of several cardiologists, they decided to try him on a new medication first.
Eric, Grayson, Hayden and I went to visit him. They have built a new hospital in our town and boy was it a pretty place with a big nice comfortable room. I thought this was a cute picture of all of them looking out the window.
We had a great visit with my Dad. His spirits were high and he was feeling really good. This was so much different than two years ago when we went to see him and he didn't even know who we were. The only thing that was hard was that he had to be in the hospital over Christmas and he was missing Mom.
Eric and my Dad talking about timber falling and logging.
Me and my precious Daddy.
My Mama and Daddy. It was hard for my mother to have Christmas alone this year without him, but it was really neat because for the first time EVER, we celebrated Christmas a WEEK EARLY with my parents and that side of our family (click here to read about it). God knew what was to come and we were all so thankful that we were able to get together for Christmas and celebrate.
He finally was released on December 28th without a pacemaker. I am so thankful that he is okay. They decided they would just keep him on the new medicine and watch him closely.

"For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

Love, Sharon

Addendum: At the time of actually publishing this post, my father ended up having a pacemaker placed in April of 2010. He does feel better with it, but is still somewhat tired. We are praying that he continues to feel better and back to his old self.

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

Yippee!!!! You're back. I've missed you. I've loved staying in touch with Kathi. xo rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...