This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree!

It's time once again to go out and cut down a Christmas tree!
We just drove a few miles away to a local Christmas tree farm.
Here's Eric cutting down the perfect tree for us!
This year was quite different for us....it was the first time that it was just Eric and I, we had no children with us. I thought it would be emotional for me, but you know what, it was okay.
My handsome hubby!
We had a fun time together.
I was the assistant tree carrier this year since there were no strong boys around to help! That's my arm with the black coat holding onto the tree!
I was doing some kind of balancing act holding a Christmas tree in one hand and taking a picture with the other! My talents never end! LOL!
The time has gone by so fast since the boys were all little. I have so many wonderful memories of our whole family going out and searching for the perfect tree, finding it, cutting it down and bringing it back home to set up and decorate.
Now it is just him and I.
Well, this is a new era in our lives and we need to embrace it and make it fun. Eric and I will re-establish ourselves and create new traditions with just him and me. You never know, someday when we have grandchildren, maybe we will get all the boys and their wives and our grandchildren together to get our trees, and we will once again reinvent our Christmas traditions! Until then, I chose to be happy and enjoy these times and let the memories of Christmas' past to warm my heart!

"I will honor You as long as I live, lifting up my hands to You in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest of foods. I will praise You with songs of joy." Psalm 63:4-5

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

We've never done this. I can't have the smell of a live tree in the house with my allergies but we need to do that and put it out on the front porch...how fun. You know Sharon....we are fortunate to have our girls close so we are LOVING the empty nest. I LOVE just the two of us together....it does take some effort for some to re-establish their relationship after so much energy going into raising children but with our added wisdom from growing up ourselves IT IS SO FUN!!!!!

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Good Morning Sharon,
Congratulations on your new blogs. I have added them both to my fav. list.
I have been blogging since 2008 and have enjoyed reading about your family and seeing it grow. You and your sister, Kathi have ministered to me in so many ways.
I love your blog design.
What a fun thing to do with your dh. We usually buy ours at our farmers market, but getting to cut your own sounds like so much more fun.
Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...