This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A night at the theater!

My employer treated all the employees and their family members with tickets to see a local theater group perform "Scrooge." I asked my mother-n-law and daughter-in-law to come along with me!
It was such a wonderful play! A perfect way to kick off the Christmas season.
The actors were excellent and did such a wonderful job! The costumes and set were amazing as well!
We had such a great time and it really was special for me because my mother-in-law has not been feeling well and I am not sure how much longer we will be able to do things like this. She originally said she did not want to go because she didn't think she would be up to it, but then she changed her mind. Afterwards she said she enjoyed it so much and she was really glad that she went. I was so happy that she came along too! We had such a wonderful time that we decided to make this a new Christmas tradition! I think next year we will add on going out for dinner beforehand! :0)

"May the Lord be loyal to you in return and reward you with his unfailing love." II Samuel 2:6

Love, Sharon

P.S. Don't forget to click the "Follow" button! :0)

5 comments:

Linda said...

This is a favorite play of mine....it is a perfect way to start the holidays. What a nice evening you all enjoyed...hugs, Linda

grey like snuffie said...

How fun. We have a Christmas concert at the girls University that is always early in Dec. It seems to kick off our holiday season every year. My mother in law is 91 and we try and keep her out and going...she still lives alone but we have to make a lot of adjustments as she wears out so quick. But I think it's so good to have things to get out of the house for them...it is hard getting older.

Elena said...

That sounds like so much fun. Our church puts on a big Christmas play that is so well done too! We have so much fun watching it. I can't wait until Mary is old enough to enjoy it too:)

Kathi said...

Sharon, I am so glad for you to have this fun mother/daughter time with Alice and Brittany.

I love plays like this, especially around the holidays. Love and miss ya, Kathi

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

What a great read for me this morning, I always enjoy local theater. I hope you MIL is better.
Enjoy your Day.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...