This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Neighborly love.....

For many, many years my neighbors and I have exchanged goodies at Christmastime.
These are some of the wonderful goodies that we received this year from our generous neighbors!
Mmmm! We got fudge, peanut butter fudge, divinity, turtles and more!
Last year my daughter-in-law, Brittany, and I made these fun cookie mixes for our neighbors.
We also made these plates of chocolate bark and peppermint bark. I bought cute Christmas plates on clearance the year before and saved them to give to the neighbors with their goodies.
Well, this year, I was feeling stressed, tired, busy and really behind, so I cheated!
I just bought boxes of chocolate covered cherries and sent them to each neighbor with a nice card. I actually prefer to give the homemade treats, but once in awhile, when a girl gets busy, it's okay, don't you think? Besides, it's the thought that counts, right?
Hopefully next year I will have time to make homemade goodies again! Do you exchange goodies with your neighbors? If so, what do you like to make?

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself." Luke 10:27

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Connie said...

Did I miss something, sugar? The posts are beautiful, but what's the reason for posting on The SEASON? Just curious. Love the new blog. Love the Christmas posts also.
:-)
xoxo,
Connie

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
You're just too sweet for words. It's perfectly ok to cheat once in awhile. You're absolutely right, it's the thought that counts! I don't exchange with neighbors, but I think it would be really fun. If I did, I'd probably include:
Spritz cookies w/lots of sprinkles.
Buckeye balls
Christmas clusters (yummo!)
Peppermint bark

I haven't baked in several years due to finances. Sometimes it can be very expensive to do all that baking. Howver, I do love it when I can. ♥♥

Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Yea Connie, you missed something! LOL! When I first opened up this second blog I explained that I was catching up from posts back in October of 2009. So now I am to my December 2009 posts. I am being neurotic about it because my blog is basically my life's journal, so I want them in chronological order. It is becoming a beast though and I don't know how much longer I want to continue! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...