This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, December 14, 2009

My special time with the Lord...

I was just sitting here on a Saturday morning, spending a little time with the Lord, and I thought everything looked so pretty, so I decided to snap some pictures and share with you my special devotional time.
All is quiet in this little house, not a creature was stirring except this little mouse! I turned on all my cozy lights, plugged in the Christmas tree, poured a cup of coffee in a darling Christmas mug and put on my instrumental Christmas CD.
I also lit a few of my candles. Lighting candles always makes any event more special!
I have a little clock near that I tuck into my devotional basket and I pull it out when I'm doing my study to keep an eye on the time. Today it's 8:04 because it's a Saturday and I slept in, usually this little clock says 5:30 or 6:00.
I also have my little portable space heater, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! It keeps me toasty warm on cold mornings!
I gather my Bible and my prayer journal and other devotional books.
I usually start my time in a verbal prayer and then I write my prayers too. I love to worship God and thank Him so much for all the many blessings He provides. Then I ask Him to please forgive my sins and help me not to repeat them and bring before the Lord my prayers and petitions for my life and for my loved ones.
I read a passage from my Bible and I often times also read from a devotional book. Right now I'm reading this one, "Streams in the Desert" by Cowman. It is soooo good!
I love to start my days with the Lord.
My day always goes better when I spend time with Him. Sadly though, this is often a time that gets neglected because of one reason or another, usually because I'm tired and don't want to get out of bed. During the week I need to get up at 4:30 or 5:00 to get my time with the Lord, so it's very easy to put it off and hit the snooze button! I pray and ask God to help me get up and He is faithful and He does, but I need to be willing first! If you don't spend special time daily with prayer and Bible reading, I strongly encourage you to do it. If you are doing it, I want to encourage you to keep doing it! It is so important that we are strong women of God and this is how we get closer to Him and hear Him speak to us through His word.

"Don't stop reading this book of the Law, but day and night think of what it says, so you can be careful to do everything written in it; then you will prosper and succeed." Joshua 1:8

In Him, Sharon

8 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

wow...I'm in awe....4:30 or 5 in the morning....good for you

Linda said...

What a beautiful way to begin each day...hugs, Linda

Suzy's Natural Southern Goodies said...

It's so funny seeing your Christmas photos in May! Cool! I understand not always spending time with God in the mornings. I do mine usually at night. Have a great day Sharon!

Oh, and yes, this is my new blog. I had to use my middle name in the title because Bryan's ex was following me and leaving nasty comments. I tried to block but all of my comments went back for years. Oh well, a new start!

Elena said...

That is so awesome to have time with the Lord in the morning!

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
Soo happy to see you back in blog land !! You always have the most inspirational, sweetest posts .. LoVe reading about all your wonderful family, and to KNOW that you all LoVe and adore our Lord and Savior !! AWESOME !!

You looked so warm and cozy reading, We never get the real cold here in So. CA.. But, we pretend,and make a fire and cuddle up in the winter :)

Thanks for always sharing such sweetness and sharing your sweet heart ~
hugs ~tea~ xo

Amy said...

I gotta start getting up that early now. My oldest son went to preschool in the afternoons while my younger boys napped. I had 2 hours that I spent with my Lord reading, studying, journaling...having a dialogue with God...so amazing. Yes, you are right...everyone should have that time.Next week, I will begin waking up earlier to have that time but I love it and when I miss it, my day is bad...I'm grumpy and short with the kids. How it gives me a more peaceful day.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I am missing this so much. I have been neglecting my time alone with the Lord. I too, must get up about 4:30 so that I can have that time before work. I love that book "Streams in the Desert." God bless you sweet sister. Love, Kathi ps I have this really great song on my blog. Please come visit and listen to it.

Angela said...

My mouth just dropped! First I was reading away and thinking,,oh Lord, her and I are spending the same time with You, doing the same thing..than I saw STreams in the Desert..That is one of my devotionals too,,actually I am in the process of sharing some devotionals for next week that will be sharing inserts from Streams in the Desert (dated in May)...WOW...God IS so amazing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...