This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas thrift store finds!!!

I found these two cuties at Goodwill for .49 cents each!
They are from the 1960s and made of hard plastic.
To some they might be considered ugly....
...but to me they are charming!
They have wheels and actually will race across the floor!
I had a feeling they were collectible when I found them, so when I got home I quickly looked them up in my "Holiday Plastic Novelties" book.
Okay, I'm looking, looking, looking...."Hey, that looks like my the Santa on the right page, top left!"
It is him!!! Yea! I found him! The Santa Clause is in the book! I couldn't find the snowman, but he is made by the same company, so I believe he would be the same value.
Okay, here are the details.....it's a friction toy made in Hong Kong in the 1960s and oh my goodness!!! Do you see the value they have there???? They say it's worth $25.00 to $40.00!!! Score!!!! And I found two of them for .98 cents!!!! Well, I realize that this book is giving the top dollar back in 1999, which was before Ebay became really popular and saturated the market, so I am sure that they are really not worth that much, but it is still thrilling for me!
I think I will display both of them on my vintage Santa and snowman shelf!
Don't they look great!!!!
The other funny treasure I found was this old plastic bell wall hanging.
For some reason, I just like it.
I like the picture on the front. A happy little couple going on a romantic sleigh ride in the snow!
It was .99 cents and 50% off, so I paid .48 cents for it.
I thought it would be perfect hanging on my cute little white sled I have on the front porch.
It's a lovely way to greet guests coming to our home and wish them a Merry Christmas!
The other item I wanted to share with you is this exquisite tree skirt!
It is handmade and I am sure it was handmade with love! It is made of red felt and has gorgeous white poinsettias on it with gold rick-rack all the way around the edge.
Look at this dazzling bead and sequin work!
This must have taken hours and I'd like to imagine that it was made with love by a sweet little housewife for her sweet family. It's kind of sad that it ended up on the bottom shelf of a dusty old thrift store, but it was lucky for me because I found it there! It also was priced right at $1.99 and 50% off, so I only paid .99 cents for it!
I promptly put it under our tree and it looks beautiful!
Thank you to the little lady who made this delightful skirt wherever you are, and I hope that you know that it is being proudly displayed in a home that appreciates all your hard work!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you are back! I've missed your decorating inspiration. Loving your updates.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...