This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

Wow! This year sure has gone by fast! I wanted to share with you how we celebrated ringing in the New Year...2010!!!!
This is my little windowsill display.
I have a vintage Happy New Year postcard flanked two little trumpet players announcing the new year and a bunch of babies symbolizing the new born year!
I thought this little crystal snowflake tea light holder was perfect for decorating for January!
Over in this little corner I have a mini bottle of sparkling cider along with a sparkly candle, a cheers sign and a vintage Happy New Year bell!
We jumped in the truck and drove into town to meet the family to watch a movie and have a New Year's Eve dinner!
We practically took up the whole row at the theater! We watched The Blindside, which was such a great movie! Sandra Bullock's character is my new hero!!!After the movie we went over to Applebee's for dinner.
This is Cameron's new friend Megan! They are work comrades just starting to get to know each other better. This was the first time all of us met her and we all really like her!
Mackenzie and Brittany!
Cameron and Megan again.
Eric and I with Grayson and Hayden. We had a great dinner!
After dinner we all split up and went different directions. Mackenzie and Brittany went to a party at a friends, Cameron and Megan went off with friends, Grayson went to his girlfriend Rachelle's house with her family and Eric, Hayden and I all went to a friend's New Year's party. It was really fun. They set up lots of different games. They had foosball...
..pool and...
...washers... aka redneck horseshoes!
Eric showing his washer throwing skills!
We also played a really fun dice throwing game, but I forgot the name of it. We all leaned over this box and placed bets and threw the dice.
Here's a couple of our friends, Tim and Nicole playing.
They also had video games that they kids were playing. Here's Hayden and his friend Taylor playing the Xbox.
They also set up a pinata for the kids! It was so cute to watch them try and hit it! They were all so excited when it finally broke and all the candy came out!
It's almost midnight!!! We all gathered in the family room to watch the ball drop at Times Square! ...3, 2, 1....Happy New Year!!!!!
After kissing our sweeties, we all promptly went outside to watch the guys set off fireworks!
Whoot whoo!!! Happy 2010!!!!
Thank you Lord for all the blessings in 2009 and we pray that you will guide us and bless us in 2010!!! May we be pleasing to you in the things we say and do. May we learn the lessons you want to teach us and may we love others like you love us in this coming year.

"Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." II Corinthians 5:17

In Him, Sharon

3 comments:

nannykim said...

Good to know you are back to blogging--hope all is well with you all.

Julieann said...

YaY!!! So glad you are blogging again!!!! Your new blog is just lovely. Are you going to close your other blog down? What I mean is this the blog I should check from now on?

I am so happy you are back <3

Julieann

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, I am enjoying catching up with you and your family. I enjoyed your post about the newly weds, loved their home.
And I too try and get my decorations down before the New Year. I can take them down and put them away quicker than what I put them up.lol.
Your post on New year brings so many memories back to me, of time spent with our children, when they lived nearby they always loved hanging out with us, even after they were married, and now they live so far away, We really miss them.
Welcome back.
Hugs,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...