This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Going dirt biking.....

Does a mother ever really stop worrying about her children? Believe me I try, but it is so hard when you've got a kid that likes to do crazy outdoor sports! My third son, Grayson, recently purchased a dirt bike and he's taking it to the Sand Dunes over at the coast. He doesn't really do crazy things, just guy things that make a mother worry!!!

I do pray over him and I trust God and know that he's in God's hands, but I still can't help but worry!
Isn't little Blondie cute! She sat right there on the driveway and watched them pack up. It looks like she's hoping they'll take her with them!
I not only worry about the dirt bike riding, but also the drive over to the coast in this little truck on the windy coastal highway!
Grayson has been my one child who is very daring and has had stitches the most! He hasn't had any broken bones though...praise God! Right after he graduated from high school him and his buddies had a guys getaway camp trip way up in the isolated mountains, which worried me too, but God was watching over them and they had a great time (click here to read about it). Actually, both of the older boys, Mackenzie and Cameron, had road trips with the guys too after they graduated, and I went through the same concerns! But again, God did not let me down, he watched over my boys!
I know I need to let go. He is, after all, 19 years old and no longer a little boy, but a man.

These are such great moments for my sons, but they are also faith building times for me. I need to remember that God watched over them their whole lives, why would he stop now?
Of course, the boys love the independence and feeling like men, which I do think is awesome for them!

But for me, it is just a little hard. I just hugged him one more time and prayed with him. I stood there at the porch and and waved good-bye as I whispered one more prayer...."He's in Your hands Father God, please watch over him." I stood there on the porch waving until I could no longer see the little truck. Then I turn and see this little girl sitting there waiting at the front door for me, which brings a smile to my face and I say, "Okay Blondie, let's head in the house and get some work done" and I start my day. Of course my thoughts and prayers are with them throughout the day. Grayson and Garrett arrived home safely that night at about 7:00 and they had a great day. Thank you Jesus!

"Be anxious about nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6, 7

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Grayson is a boy who is courageous and fearless. I praise God for His protective hand on him. Grayson is smart and careful too. What a cute doggie Blondie is. It makes me wish for a job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...