This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas decorations in the entry way, living & dining rooms

Welcome to our home! Come on in and see all of our Christmas decorations! The first thing you see when you walk in the door is this little table in the entry way.
Here's another view. This year I wrapped cranberry garland up the stair case and I really like how it looks.
I made this little feather tree several years ago. It is really made of goose feathers! Each tree "branch" is wrapped with goose feathers! When you wrap them around the wire, they poke out and look like pine needles! They were very popular at the turn of the century, so it's kind of fun to have a reproduction!
I put my very favorite special antique ornaments on my feather tree. Here's a very old Santa ornament.
Here's another one.
Some more vintage glass ornaments.

I put a string of glass beads on the tree too.
I've been collecting these vintage Christmas tree light bulbs for a few years now. They are pretty rare and hard to find. People actually screwed these into their strands of Christmas lights and hung them on their trees.
Here's a fun snowman. I wrapped wire around the plug and hung it on my little tree so all my guests can see them!
I topped my tree with a very old Merry Christmas ornament.
I hung this cute little bird and bell on the back of the front door. I love to hear it ring every time someone opens the door!
On the stair landing I have a beautiful silk poinsettia with a brave nutcracker soldier standing watch!
On top of the little curio cabinet on the stair landing I have this little display.
It's an old stuffed snow man, a red votive and a brass reindeer.
On my other curio cabinet in the entry way I hung a wreath shaped card holder and place all of our Christmas cards on it. I think this is a great way to display our cards.
Now let's head into the living room.
Here's the mantle decorations. I just slipped in some red and white silk poinsettias in between my candelabra.
I also tucked in some snow covered little bird houses.
This "Seasons Greetings" glittered sign is new this year. I really like how it looks.
It looks so warm and cozy!
I love this old plastic light up church that I found at Goodwill several years ago. It also has a wind up music box inside it too!
And here's the tree!!!
This is one of my favorite ornaments. I found it at a thrift store for pennies and it is a vintage German ornament that is quite collectable with the wire mesh all around it! I actually found four of them!
I just glommed on the ornaments!
There is something so magical about looking at the tree.
I think it brings back a lot of childhood memories and the excitement I had waiting for Christmas day!
Now lets move into the dining room.
This is a "new to me" center piece. I found it at Goodwill and paid $2.99 for it. I bought the candles at the dollar store.
I have really been liking berries, birds, bird houses and bird nests in my Christmas decor this year.
I put a lot of my silver things together and displayed them on this little side table in the dining room.
I love this pretty silver reigndeer and sleigh. I put a very, very old victorian paper ornament in the sled.
Hey, I see Santa peeking out of my raspberry pitcher!
I put two reigndeer in a bed of holly and berries and in the center I filled my crystal beverage urn with vintage Christmas balls.
These reigndeer started out as brown, then I painted them white and then red. I think I like them red.
I love this little old book. It is all about the real reason for the season, the birth of Jesus Christ!

"And the angel said unto her, 'Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shat conceive in they womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name Jesus.'" Luke 1:30-31

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Good morning Sharon,
I just love that feather tree!! And you made it? I would LOVE to learn how to do that. Did you take a class? It looks great with your vintage ornaments. Wow. And I see my card I sent you! Right near the top. :o) Your tree is gorgeous. Everything is! Thanks for the lovely tour ~
Have a great day. ♥

grey like snuffie said...

Wow...you do an amazing job...that's lots of work. I've never seen vintage screw in bulbs like those...they are very cool. And I am in awe of you...that tree looks so good.

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon, I so enjoyed seeing all of your Christmas decorations! Everything you did was just beautiful! You sure find wonderful goodies at Goodwill. It is amazing what people give away. I must go back to our local Goodwill and see what treasures I might find. I'd like to look for some toys and books for our grandbabys.

Take care and thank you for the great tour of your lovely home at Christmas time!

Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...