This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas in my kitchen, family room and laundry room...

Today we will take a little tour of my kitchen, family room and laundry room to see all the Christmas decorations!
Here's a little corner where I have my antique bread box sitting with some vintage jars filled with various cereals and legumes. For Christmas I placed a few little festive touches.
I love these red cardinal salt and pepper shakers.
I was so thrilled to find this cute little cup! It is Johnson Brother's Friendly Village and it's a very collectible pattern. I only paid .25 cents for this cutie!!!
I put a tea light in it and it looks so warm and cozy at night!
Here's a cute little snow capped farm house.
And like the Johnson Brother's cup above, it looks so warm and cozy when it's lit up at night!
Father Christmas.
The same corner with the candles lit at night.
My kitchen bookcase all decked out for the season.
I love, love, love my FireKing Tom and Jerry set!
Two old spun cotton Santas peeking out of a vintage Christmas stocking.
Here's my windowsill.
I did almost the same thing I did last year.
I surrounded an antique chalkware baby Jesus with some cute little reindeer, some Santa's and some old bottle brush trees.
This is another new find this year. It is a beautiful bone china creamer with a holly pattern wrapped around the base. I love how china looks when you put a tea light in it. It just casts the softest, warmest glow!
Another piece of Johnson Brother's Friendly Village china with a cute little red Christmas house.
I put a few gingerbread men in the laundry room.
I have a cute little wreath, a wood cut out and a ginger man cookie looking ornament. I found all three pieces at Goodwill.
Another Santa watching over the goings on in the laundry room!
Okay, lets head on into the family room. Here's my crazy Santa Clause and snowmen collection!
I know, I know, there are a lot of them, but I really, really like them!
I am kind of picky about which ones make it to my collection.
I like vintage Santas, especially things from the 40s, 50s and 60s. I have a few things that are not antique, like the chocolate looking Santa holding a Hershey kiss.
My husband made the shelf for me.
People ask me all the time if it's hard to set up, put away and store this collection, but it really isn't. I simply box up each shelf and then place the whole shelf up in my attic. It's actually really easy to set up.
On this shelf that's above the couch I placed my collection of vintage Santa Mugs.
On top of this cabinet I grouped together all of my vintage light up Santa's.
Aren't they fun!!! They look so amazing at night and just warm the room!
Last, but not least is my vintage baby Jesus collection.
I have several very different looking ones.
This one is one of my favorites. He's made of chalkware and he's very old. Isn't he sooo sweet.
I framed a reproduction print of this old Christmas card of Baby Jesus.
I really enjoyed this new display I made this year and it's a great reminder of the real reason for the season....the coming of our saviour, Jesus Christ!

"This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:12

Fondly, Sharon

2 comments:

Amy said...

as always...love the decorations. I'm going to show this to my mom. She would love to see all your vintage pretties.

Happy@Home said...

Hi Sharon,
Welcome back. I missed reading your posts while you were busy creating your new blog. It sounds like a big job, but it is looking great. I've enjoyed seeing your Christmas decor. I love all of the cute vintage finds and I think your shelves filled with Santas and snowmen is wonderful. I also like the way the tealights look inside the china pieces. I need to try that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...