This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve......

This was a very different Christmas Eve for us. It was the first time since I've been married (27 years) that I have not celebrated Christmas Eve with my parents and my side of the family. It's also the first time since we've had children that we have celebrated Christmas Eve without one of our own kids being here with us. Because several family members were traveling, we decided to celebrate Christmas Eve about two weeks early with my side of the family (click here to read about it) and our oldest son and his wife were not with us because they were down in San Diego celebrating with her family.
At first we were not going to do anything, but then I thought, "No, we're not going to stop celebrating and having a special Christmas eve just because one of the kids is not with us, we will just create some new traditions." So that's what we did!
I set the table with the pretty Christmas dishes.
I love this red plaid tablecloth! It's so festive and fun!
We lit the candles and made a fire.
The presents were snuggled under the tree.
I love how the room looks with the cozy lights, Christmas lights and all the candles lit.
We put our favorite Christmas CDs in the stereo, so the house sounded, smelled and looked like Christmas!
A new tradition is born.....french dip sandwiches, coleslaw and french fries.
Mmmmm! What a delicious meal!
Just because we don't have the whole family together doesn't mean we can't make it very special!
I love each and every one of them!!!
Cameron found the leopard print Snuggie!
He talked on the phone in it.......
....raided the fridge with it......
.....exercised with it.........
......exercised some more with it.......

....and snuggled with it! Hee hee! Actually as part of our new tradition we planned to watch a Christmas movie together, so we picked A Christmas Story, one of our favorites!
After the movie we retired to the living room where Eric read the true Christmas story from the Bible about God's gift to us with Jesus Christ.
and we ate lemon cream-cheese pie for dessert around the tree.
Sitting around visiting and enjoying the fire and the beautiful Christmas tree before the boys open their traditional two gifts on Christmas Eve.
Since they were little boys we've let the boys open two gifts, one is a book
and the other is a new pair of pajamas! We did this because they would read their new books in bed and it helped calm them down from all the anticipation for Christmas morning. They got to wear their new pajamas to bed and that way they all looked cute in the morning for all the Christmas pictures!
Everyone just sat around, relaxed and visited around the fire.
Oh how I love the cozy times around the Christmas tree!!!
Sleep tight and have wonderful dreams for tomorrow morning is Christmas!!!

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14


Merry Christmas
Love, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, It was very different last year having Christmas early. Your tiny family Christmas looks so sweet and nice though. Cameron is funny with the Snuggie. Have a wonderful week. Love, Kathi

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
I am so happy to see the blog posts you have added! I have been keeping up with a few blogs even though I don't have one right now. I love seeing the family Christmas pictures! Your posts always encourage me to continue special family traditions! I had to smile when I saw Cameron in the leopard print snuggie! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thinking about starting another blog sometime soon. Blessings-Molly shamrockfields@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...