This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas at our home.....

It's time to deck the halls with boughs of holly once again here at Rose of Sharon Garden!
I would like to share with you some of my Christmas decor for this year! Come along with me to take a tour of my home!
Many of my vignette's are the same as last year, but some are new; please forgive me if some of these decorations look familiar, but if I liked what I did the year before, I repeat it! For the past few years I've had an enamelware pot filled with water and floating candles and cranberries on my front steps and I love how it looks, so make the same display every year.

The reason why the large pot is not sitting straight is that we had terribly cold weather at just 17 degrees and the whole thing froze and it expanded and broke through the bottom of the pan! It was still frozen when I took the picture and when it finally melted, it all leaked out the bottom!
This neat red enamelware candle holder is new. I found it at a second hand store and fell in love with it.I placed a big pillar candle on it and it lights the way on our front porch to the front door!
You can see our wicker furniture in the background all dolled up for the holidays!
We hung wreaths on all of our front windows. I like how you can see the silhouette of the wreaths in the windows at night; it just looks cozy to me.
Here's the same picture with the flash on. I think they are such a cheery, traditional way to tell the neighborhood Merry Christmas!
I placed silk poinsettias in this flower box shelf and added some candles to the display.
I found these fun new green metal canisters at Goodwill this year, all three for just .99 cents!
They even had the cute red berries wrapped at the top when I bought them. All I had to do was put candles in them!
What a festive way to greet our guests!
Here's a jolly old snowman.
This old sled is a new treasure I found this year. I actually purchased it at my friend Jill's Christmas Craft and Bazaar sale. I am so thrilled to have it!
Finally, we're at the front door!
This friendly elf hanging on my vintage mailbox is the same little display that I made the year before!
He's just such a cute little way to welcome my guests!
That's all of the outside decorations, tomorrow we will head inside! Merry Christmas!

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Linda said...

Sharon...your home looks so pretty and most welcoming for the holidays...looking forward to tomorrow...hugs. Linda

Mardell said...

Sharon,
You are THE holiday decorating QUEEN! I just love how you maticulously decorate every square inch of your home. It's breathtakingly beautiful! :o)

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Beautiful decorations, I am so enjoying your posts.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...