This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sewing, bruschetta and Brittany!

Last October my beautiful daughter-in-law Brittany and I had some girl time and went out to lunch, to the movies, shopping and had massages!
We went to see Julie and Julia (click here to read about our day).
We both were inspired by the cooking in the movie and were especially intrigued by the bruschetta Julie was cooking for her husband and we decided we would make it. We were planning a sewing day together anyway and we added cooking the bruschetta for lunch to our day!
First Brittany chopped about 6 tomatoes and about 6-10 basil leaves.
In the meantime I was slicing the bread into 1/2 inch slices.
After we sliced the bread we spread garlic on each slice.
We mixed the chopped tomatoes and basil with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and added salt & pepper to taste.
Then we fried the bread in olive oil.
After the bread was lightly browned, we spooned on the tomatoes mixture.
We then topped it with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Aren't they beautiful and oh my goodness, they are soooo delicious! What a fun and scrumptious thing to make for lunch! I'm pretty sure we'll be making these again!!!
After lunch we headed upstairs to the guest room to sew! We made this little makeshift sewing table for Brittany with an old card-table and we had to use a board to stabilize it!
Here's my little sewing nook.
I found this nice little sewing machine for Brittany at a garage sale!
Both of us had sewn before, but it had been a long time!
But together we muddled through!
Thank goodness that we had the instruction booklets! We didn't really sew anything today, we just got reacquainted with our machines, practiced our skills and did some test patterns. It was really fun!
I had such a great day with my wonderful daughter-in-law! I feel so very blessed to have her in my life and to be able to have fun girl days like this and I'm looking forward to many more in the future!

"Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives." Titus 2:3-5

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

welcome2myfrontporch said...

Oh you are living out my dream. I've been praying for my future daughter-in-laws and dream of having a day like this with them. Even if I had a daughter, but God hasn't given us one yet...just boys. So thank you for posting this...gives me more to dream and pray about. ;)

Kathi said...

What a blessing God has given you in Brittany. What a fun day. Love the recipe too. See you on Christmas! Love, Kathi

Judy said...

What a fun day for you two! We love bruschetta...Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...