This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bag Lady Christmas Tea!

A group of girlfriends had a Christmas tea and it was soooo much fun! We are the BAG Ladies, which stands for Bargains At Goodwill. We became friends at church and found out that we all love to go to shop at the thrift stores, so we started shopping together. We've been friends for many years and I value all of their friendship so very much! Two of the Bag Ladies, Eileen and Virginia, invited the rest of us over for a special Bag Lady Christmas tea and it was held at Eileen's house. Here's Eileen and Virgina standing in front of the gorgeous table they prepared for us!
They went all out and prepared some lovely dishes for us.
Speaking of dishes! Oh my goodness, I am in love!!!
Eileen has a complete set of Johnson Brothers Friendly Village dishes that she inherited from her mother-in-law.
Aren't they beautiful! They are perfect for Christmas!
I love her red napkins and ruby crystal napkin rings!
Everything is so festive and so beautiful!
Eileen's house is so pretty! She has decorated every corner.
She likes to decorate with garland. You will notice that there is evergreen garland everywhere! I love the effect it makes!
Here's their pretty tree!
She has lots of birds, birdhouses,berries and natural woodsy looking Christmas decorations.
She decorated their tree with lots of red and white and she used berry garland.
It's so beautiful!
Here's her cozy kitchen!
I love all of her copper molds hanging on the wall. This is a neat view of the stair case from the kitchen.
I love this cozy little guest room!
She's decorated it in a country romantic style with lots of pillows. I would love to be a guest in this guest room!
Here's the girls visiting in her pretty living room.
Brenda, Kathleen, Eileen and Virginia.
Now I'll get in the picture, that's me with Katheleen, Eileen and Virginia. We were missing two of the girls that are normally with us. We had a little gift exchange (which was a $10.00 gift that we had to find at Goodwill!), a great meal, great conversation and a lovely evening. I feel so blessed with my girlfriends!

"Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart." Proverbs 27: 9

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, You have such a full life. Your BAG Ladies group is so darling. What a pretty home and decorations. She is blessed to have those Johnson Bros. dishes.

I wanted you to know I did a post for the first time in a long while. I love you and hope you enjoy your holiday. Love, Kathi

Kathi said...

Sharon, I thought I'd let you know, I felt the Lord nudging me to send Shirley Price to you for your friend. I sent it to you today earlier. I will make copies for you and Brittany and others over the weekend. Please give it to your friend quickly. I think it will help her. Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...