This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby needs a new pair of shoes....

Look at these darling little vintage bronzed baby shoes! I found them at Goodwill and I just had to have them!
They weren't always so cute, they originally were mounted on these funny wooden shelves, which I didn't care for.
Before I purchased them I studied them to see if I could remove them from the shelf and I happily discovered that they were attached to the shelf with industrial staples, which were easily removed!
I think they are so darling!
Looking at the style of them I believe they are pretty old, I'm thinking from the 1940s or 1950s. I'm not certain they are truly bronzed, they almost look spray painted.
Aren't they sweet!
Come with me and I'll show you something very special in this cabinet........
This is my special secretary hutch that I got from my Grandmother Margaret's house and I keep it in the living room. It is filled with my collection of vintage baby keepsakes that I've acquired over the years.
Do you see those brass shoes there amongst the other baby treasures?
These are just not any old pair of bronzed baby shoes......
These are actually the first baby shoes that all four of my sons wore! My mother gave them to me in 1984 at my baby shower when I was pregnant with my first baby boy, Mackenzie. Of course they were originally a very soft, white leather and they were made by Buster Brown. After Mackenzie outgrew them I saved them and let our other three sons, Cameron, Grayson and Hayden wear them too, as well as my two baby nephews, Harrison and Samuel! They were so special to me, so I decided to have them bronzed. I used a mail order company that I found in the weekly Sunday paper.
Look at the different tones. It looks like mine are actually copper, not bronze, but I paid for them to be bronzed, so who knows! Another difference is mine are very hard, like they are metal and the pair that I found at Goodwill are kind of soft and pliable; that's why I'm thinking they could be spray painted. You can see the difference in the actual style and fashion of the shoes too. The pair from Goodwill are a little larger too.

I think they are so charming and wonderful and I'm thrilled to have them. I wonder if the child's mother would be pleased that I am displaying her beloved little child's bronzed first booties in my home! I placed them on the table in our entryway, where I think they look perfect!

"He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, And setteth me upon my high places." 2 Samuel 22:34

"Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble." Proverbs 3:23

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sharon, the shoes sare darling and precious. I'm so glad you have both the Goodwill ones and the special ones the all the boys wore. I like the way you have each displayed. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...