This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, October 9, 2009

The spooky house in our town.....

This is our local spooky house. Do you have one near you? We moved to our current home almost 16 years ago and this spooky old house has always been there. It's actually not that close to us, it's a few blocks away, but we drive by it daily.
I have a funny feeling that one of these days they will do a learn to burn exercise on it and burn it down, so I decided to take a bunch of pictures of it to remember it.
In a way it makes me sad to see this old place so unkempt and alone.
It has been empty for so long and so neglected; look at how the paint has chipped off the exterior. You can almost see beauty in the pattern of it.It makes me sad because I am sure at one time this was some little family's dream house.
I like to envision that it was full of life and love at one time.
I imagine it full of a loving happy family with the pitter patter of tiny feet running around, a hardworking father taking care of the yard and garden and a busy mother in the kitchen pulling a freshly baked pie out of the oven.
How did it get to this current state? I've heard rumors that a lady owned it and she went to Florida for a visit and never came back. Now that sounds mysterious, doesn't it!
One day when my two youngest son's and I were on a bike ride (Grayson and Hayden), we stopped to take a closer look. At that time there were no "Keep Out" signs. We walked around to the back of the house and found that the back door was open, so we went inside.
It was really eerie and creepy. It was very dark because all the windows were boarded up, but we were able to see just a tiny bit. In the kitchen we saw all kinds of home canned fruits and vegetables, utensils and dishes as well as a kitchen table. In the living room we saw an upright piano. Everything was dirty and ruined from the leaky roof and the invasion of some kind of four legged critters. We didn't go very far in because we were scared and we got out of there quick!
It does make me sad to see this old place so uncared for, but it's also kind of fun to have it here as a little piece of history and a reminder of what once was. I wonder if we could compare this old house to our hearts, if we don't take time to keep up our relationship with God and we let sin overgrow in our lives, our hearts can grown old and cold and boarded up instead of taking our sins to the Lord and He forgives and cleans out our hearts and fills us full of life and love.......

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." Matthew 7:24-27

Love, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I've always been intruiged with going in old, abandoned houses. Think of the treasures that can be found? You guys crack me up by going in! I've never been so brave. LOL :o)

It is sad to think about how & why it was left in such a way. Too bad. You would think the city/town would do something about it. Neighbors complaining etc. There was a house like that here & was left for over 20 yrs. Apparently they couldn't do anything about it because the owner was in a nursing home. They had to wait until she died before anything could be done w/the it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...