This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, November 13, 2009

Lunch at Ruby's.....

On the 5th day of our vacation we decided to take a little drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to meet my ex-sister-in-law, Joy, and her youngest daughter, Drew (my niece) for lunch. Before we left I went outside and found Eric washing Mike, Rhochelle and Lisa's cars!
What a sweet guy I'm married to! He just did this as a little thank you to them for opening their home to us. Their cute little dog, Misty, was helping him!!
So now that all the vehicles are clean, we hit the road. It was kind of overcast, but it was still a beautiful drive!
There's the ocean, straight ahead!
We are headed to the Balboa Pier to have lunch at the famous Ruby's restaurant.
It's miles and miles of driving right next to the beautiful California coast!
I just love all the palm trees!
Finally, we're at the Balboa Pier. Here's Grayson and Hayden looking down into the water.
Turn around and smile boys!
What a gorgeous view!
It was a tad bit windy!
Grayson checking out the view.
Hayden looking for surfers and seals!
There's Ruby's way at the end of the pier.
Grayson was trying to feed a seagull.
Eric and Grayson watching the people fish.
There's Ruby's!
It's such a cute little place! It looks like it was built in the 1950s, but it was built in 1980.
It's really fun to eat right out on the water!
We met Joy and Drew at the restaurant. We had Ruby's famous burgers! What a lovely lunch we had!
They live in Newport Beach, which is very close, so it worked out really great! It was wonderful to catch up with them.
Hayden, Drew and Grayson on the pier.
After lunch Eric and the boys and I went to Balboa Peninsula to shop and look around.
It's a really fun area with a Ferris wheel, shops, restaurants and an arcade.
There's also a carousel. It's such a cute place!
We had a great relaxing day. It was great to see Joy and Drew and to see the beautiful ocean. I didn't get any pictures, but when we got home that night we went out to a fantastic Mexican restaurant for dinner with Mike and Rhochelle and Lisa. This vacation has been so much fun!!!

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge." Psalm II Samuel 22:2

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...