This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm!

The next day we got up early and headed to Knott's Berry Farm Theme Park!!! We LOVE this place! I am here to tell you that it is so wise to go to these places off season! We went in Mid November and here's proof, look how empty the parking lot is! That's our red truck and we are the only ones there!
Before we go into the park, I wanted to quickly show you this picture. Can you find the telephone antenna in this picture? No, it's not on in the left hand corner, it's right in the very center of the picture...........
it's camouflaged as a palm tree! Isn't that clever! We saw these everywhere in Orange County.
Okay, lets head into the park now! Here's Eric, Grayson and Hayden on the main strip. We just love Knott's Berry Farm. There are lots of extreeme rides for the boys and in between rides for Eric and I. The theme is the old western days and it is so clean and cute.
Our all time favorite ride is the Log ride!
Wow! What a blast it is.
You sit in carved out log cannoes and you go through the mountain full of timber workers. There are cute scenes such as the one above around every corner.
It's such a thrill to know you're on this fun ride at one of the most fun places on earth!
There's a mill worker working hard!
Here's Hayden waiting to get on a ride.
Me sitting next to Eric on one of the rides.
Grayson holding on during one of the rides.
Grayson looking out at the view of the whole theme park.
Grayson wanted to go on this crazy upside down swing ride and no one else wanted to go on it, so he went alone!
Yep, that's him! "Look Mom! No Hands!" He's probably 100 feet in the air looking straight down at the ground! The only thing holding him in is the seatbelt, the bar they put over him and, of course, a little thing called centrifugal force!
Eric and I taking a little breather....
Next up, this crazy ride! Yep, they talked me into going on it!!! It actually was really fun, but I tell you, once is definately enough!
Here's Grayson and Hayden getting ready to go on it again.
Now they are going on teh Surpreme Scream. I said "NO THANK YOU!" to this one!!!It goes straight up to the top of this tower and then......
....suddenly drop all the way down! Crazy! There is no way I could ever go on this ride!
But these guys love it and they went on it several times!
Why are Eric and Hayden staring at Grayson, they look as though they are anxiously waiting for him to bring them something.
Mmmmm......Funnel cake!!!!
Waiting to get on Montazuma's Revenge!!! My second most favorite ride at Knott's.
3, 2, 1.....blast off!!!
Here we go!!!!
Weeeeee!
No hands!!!
If you've ever been to an amusement park, then you know that they take pictures of you on the ride and they offer them to you when you get off. We did buy one, but they are so expensive at $12.00 a pop, so I took a picture of the screen. Here's Eric and Grayson cracking up on one of the rides.
And here's Hayden. It makes me happy to see them having so much fun! This ride was a little too crazy for me, so I didn't go on it!
Can you see all the pumpkins hanging on the bridge?
Here's a close up. I think this is such a cute display!
The boys wanted to go on some extreem rides that Eric and I didn't, so we went into this cute little old time tavern and watched a wonderful show.
Eating popcorn and catching an afternoon show.
Here come Grayson and Hayden on the Perilous Plunge! Wow, what a huge drop off they came down!
Eric waiting for the boys to go under the bridge.
Well, they just went under the bridge and sprayed us!!!
Wow, it's the end of the day already. Doesn't the park look beautiful at night! What wonderful memories we made today! I'm so thankful that we got to go on this trip together!

"My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2

Love, Sharon

6 comments:

Amy said...

The parking lot reminded me of the Chevy Chase movie where they went to WallyWorld. Glad you were able to get in and have fun. ;) I had never been there and I think I will add that to my list of places to visit. What a great vacation you all had!

Mardell said...

I used to love to go on those crazy rides (well, not ALL of them!) Not anymore though. (Sigh.) What a cool place. Looks like you guys had a blast. :o) Amazing telephone antennas! Who knew?

Looks like you didn't have any long lines to wait in ~ bonus!

Elena said...

What a fun day! That funnel cake looked so delicious.

Mardell said...

I forgot to ask ~ what is on that funnel cake? Oh, & I love the pumpkin display. :o)
(I came back to look again!♥)

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! You crack me up! :0) Funnel cakes are a Pennsylvania Dutch dessert. They are made by pouring batter through a funnel into hot oil in a circular pattern and deep frying until golden brown. They are usually topped with powdered sugar and fruit toppings. They are delicious! You should try them sometime!

Kathi said...

Looks so great to be off having a care free vacation. I'm so happy you got to do this with your family. I love Knotts Berry Farm. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...