This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Best Friends Forever!!!

Because of the wonders of the internet, I have gotten back in touch with my childhood friend, and not just any friend, but my best, best friend Leasa!!!!
She lived across the street two doors down and we had sooo much in common. We just hit it off. We both loved to ride bikes, build forts and we loved animals. I loved playing with my friend Leasa. We had something else in common.....our birthday! We have the exact same birth day and year! We also discovered that we were born in the same hospital and were in the nursery together!!! Here's a picture of us when we were about 12 years old. Weren't we cute!!! That is her twin sister, Terri, behind us. Terri often played with us two, but Leasa and I were the best of best friends and were inseparable!!!
Here we are on our matching bikes with banana seats, monkey bars and flowered baskets! We had so much fun together!!!! We were best friends from 1st grade thru 6th grade until she tragically had to move. She moved about 20 miles away, so we were able to visit each other a couple of times, but we soon lost touch.
Well, we hadn't seen each other in almost thirty years and it was sooo exciting when we reconected via the internet and it was soooo much fun when she came over to my house for a visit. She brought her two beautiful children, Austin and Megan.
The day they came it was really rainy, but that didn't stop Austin and Megan from playing the trampoline, they got soaked!!!! Aren't they cute kids!
Leasa brought her dog, Deja, who played with our dog, Bailey. They had a love/hate relationship! LOL!
Austin and Megan having fun on the stairs.
Leasa and I had such a wonderful visit. We used to have a fort behind the fence in her backyard and we had a club called the Secret Spies. We used to have soooo much fun together. It was so nice to have such a great visit with her and to know that she is walking with the Lord and her life is lead by Him! I am so thankful to the Lord for bringing my childhood best friend back into my life!

"A friend loveth at all times." Proverbs 17:17a

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

shamrock fields said...

Hi Sharon!
I was happy to see your new posts! What a sweet story about getting together with your childhood friend! Blessings-
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...