This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our St. Patrick's Day Celebration!

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!!!
Here's a fine laddy to wish everyone top o' the morn'n!
And here's his beautiful lassie wish'n ya the same!
"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -
a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."
~Adrienne Cook

"May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go."
~Irish Blessing

"Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck."
~Author Unknown
No, we're not Irish, but we still had a little St. Patrick's Day celebration! The kids all came over for dinner and I made Corned beef and cabbage! I've never made it before, but it ended up being fun to make and quite tasty! You start by buying a package of corned beef brisket.
You also need, baby red potatoes, baby carrots, one onion and a head of cabbage.
You cut the carrots into slivers.
Place the carrots in the bottom of your crock-pot and add chopped onion.
Wash and quarter the potatoes and add them to the pot.
Add 1 cup of water.
The corned beef brisket comes with a packet of seasonings. Rub them onto the top of the meat.
Add 1/3 cup of oil. I should have added the oil and then the seasons, but I forgot, so I spooned them up and placed them back on top!
Cover the crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
In the meantime, chop up the cabbage and set aside.
Mmmm! It smells so delicious!
Add the chopped cabbage about an hour before serving.
For fun, I put green food coloring in my cornbread mix!
It turned out great!
I also made green jello with bananas!
Brittany made an Irish whiskey bundt cake!
What a festive meal we created!!!
I also served green soda and served the meal on my green china!

"May luck be our companion
May friends stand by our side
May history remind us all
Of Ireland's faith and pride.
May God bless us with happiness
May love and faith abide."
~Irish Blessing

"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night."
~Irish Blessing

"He shall receive the blessing from the Lord,
and righteousness from the God of his salvation." Psalms 24:5

Blessings ~ Sharon

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Sharon,
I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very blessed and Happy New Year.
Everything looks delicious, and those plates look very similar to some that I have.
HUgs,
Sue

Kathi said...

Sharon, Everything is absolutely adorable. I love all of your cute St. Patrick's Day touches and colors. Your food and the dishes they are sitting on are so fun and festive. It makes me want to do this.

Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...