This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cameron's new truck!!!

This is Cameron in his old pick-up, "Bishop". It's a 1991 Toyota pick-up.
Bishop has been a great truck for Cameron; it has been very reliable and I think it looks really cool, but he decided to get something a bit newer and smaller.
So here's his new truck! Meet "Rook". Get it? As in chess pieces? Bishop and Rook - get it? Haha! I thought that was pretty clever! He got a really good deal. It's a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. So far all three of our driving son's are Toyota men and my hubby is a Ford man.
Here's Eric and Grayson checking it out. Dad's making sure the tires are sound. Cameron's already busy installing a stereo!
While Cameron was working on it, our dog, Bailey just jumped right into the back of the truck. LOL! She made herself right at home!
As a side note, Grayson taught Bailey to show her teeth when he gives the command "say cheese". Isn't it funny!
What a crack-up!
All our boys saved their money and bought their own vehicles (well, three out of four, Hayden hasn't bought his first car yet). I know all families do this different. I always wished that we could have had a savings account for them and helped them a little, but you know what? It was one of the best things for them to work really hard, earn money and save it and buy their own cars. The three older boys have told me that they are so glad that they bought their own cars, they are very proud that they saved and they bought them all by themselves. They also told me that they think that by doing that they took better care of their cars because they had to work so hard for them.

Have fun with your new truck Cameron! I love you son!!!

"Discipline your son and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul." Proverbs 29:17

Hugs, Sharon


3 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

How fun...now the girls want to teach our new dog to smile on command of, "say cheese"....that is too funny.

adsgram said...

Happy to be 'catching up' with you, Sharon. I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Mardell said...

Oh I just love it! I bet he does too by the smile on his face! :o) Cute Bailey pose w/the teeth. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...